Chapter 26: From now on, you call the shots.

"Just because he likes spicy, should I accommodate him? I don't want to see such spicy dishes when I'm eating."

Song Jing, pointing at a bowl of spicy diced chicken, had a stormy expression in his eyes.

As Nan Yi approached, he was met with nothing more than a cold glance.

"Auntie, you may leave now."

The maid at the dining table was relatively new. Uncertain of the hierarchy, she didn't know whose orders to prioritize.

Even when Nan Yi told her to leave, she hesitated, casting a worried glance at Song Jing and remained still.

Nan Yi frowned at Song Jing's nonchalant demeanor at the table, feeling somewhat irritated.

"Don't worry, Auntie. You can leave. No one will blame you."

The maid remained apprehensive, but eventually stepped away from the dining area.

As she departed, Nan Yi noticed the unease on her face.

Nan Yi had been surrounded by a strong alpha pheromone. Song Jing, sitting next to him, snapped his chopsticks against his bowl, producing a harsh sound.

Nan Yi gave him a cold sidelong glance, continuing to pick at the dish of spicy chicken dices that seemed to irritate Song Jing.

"What are you showing off for? Sooner or later, Shen will grow tired of you."

Nan Yi continued to eat his chicken without acknowledging Song Jing.

Even if he could retort, he wouldn't bother arguing with Song Jing.

Coincidentally, Yan An and He Yu Shen entered together.

Yan An immediately called out to Song Jing upon seeing him.

"Little Jing, you started eating without waiting for me."

Song Jing momentarily stiffened at Nan Yi's disdainful look, but then responded with a bright smile.

Nan Yi disregarded him entirely.

Hypocrite.

"Brother Yan, you're here!" Song Jing exclaimed, rising to his feet.

Nan Yi glanced at the duo and then stood up, moving towards He Yu Shen.

The usually stoic alpha paused in surprise.

Had the omega become so audacious and direct, dropping the push-pull games?

He Yu Shen continued to gaze at Nan Yi with bewilderment.

He took out his phone, tapped a message, and then handed it over.

[Can we avoid spicy food on the dining table?]

"Hmm?" He Yu Shen's brow slightly furrowed.

Nan didn't want the aunt to feel bad just for making a dish for him.

Since Song Jing is acting so high and mighty, let the person he cares about most reject him then.

"There's no rule; if you want to eat it, ask the aunt to make it," He Yu Shen said, looking down at the well-behaved Nan Yi.

"Ah, Mr. Nan, let Brother Shen and Brother Yan eat first."

A hint of urgency flashed across Song Jing's face after hearing He Yu Shen's words.