Chapter 68: Yun Luo moves out

Chapter 68: Yun Luo moves out

Without looking back, Nan Yi stood up and walked upstairs.

As He Yu Shen watched his retreating slender figure, he noticed that despite the warming weather, Nan Yi was still wearing bunny slippers.

Raising an eyebrow, he chuckled, "Why has his temper grown even bigger?"

Yun Luo, who had glanced at Nan Yi's departing figure, now turned his gaze to the speaker.

Even in his absence, the amusement in He Yu Shen's eyes was clear.

The sadness in Yun Luo's eyes deepened. He rested his chopsticks on the bowl and looked straight ahead.

"Yu Shen," a voice that remained soft but carried a hint of depth.

"Hmm?"

"Do you... hold deep affection for Mr. Nan?"

The man, who had been engrossed in picking his food, looked up to meet Yun Luo's gaze. Those slightly dimmed eyes hesitated for a moment before shifting away.

He Yu Shen paused, glancing in the direction of the upstairs.

He spoke calmly, "I hadn't intended to fall for him initially."

"I merely sought a high-quality omega to fend off the outside world's attempts to introduce prospects to me. Rebelling against He Zhang's wishes, I chose an omega without a prominent background."

Yun Luo's eyes widened in disbelief, his brows furrowing slightly, "But Nan Yi is a low-grade omega."

"Yes, originally, his younger brother was meant to be wed to me. But it doesn't matter now. I've grown fond of him, and that's enough."

Yun Luo's gaze lowered, and he remained silent for a while.

Neither man was typically verbose. He Yu Shen didn't think much of it, smiling softly as he served himself some of the dish that Nan Yi had earlier enjoyed.

As he was about to stand, the usually quiet Yun Luo spoke up again.

"Yu Shen, remember I had viewed that apartment close to the company a while back? I'll be moving there tomorrow."

"?"

"Isn't it comfortable living here? You've only recently arrived in City A. It might be a bit lonely living by yourself."

Yun Luo chuckled lightly, "I'm twenty-eight, not eighteen."

His voice remained as mellifluous as jade, a gentle smile gracing his face.

"We'll help you move tomorrow," He Yu Shen offered.

"Alright."

He Yu Shen stood up, lifting his uniquely shaped bowl and began walking towards the staircase.

"Yu Shen," Yun Luo called out again.

"Hmm?"

Yun Luo gazed at the figure on the stairs from afar, speaking gently, "Omegas during this phase are as vulnerable and sensitive as alphas during their receptive period. They need extra care and attention."

"Understood." A smile crept across alpha's face again.

Yun Luo continued to watch alpha's retreating figure as he disappeared around the corner, just as he had always done.

But this time, it would be the last.

He Yu Shen first headed to the bedroom. Through the half-opened door, he saw an empty, neatly made bed – no one was there.