Chapter 91: The First Day Without Alpha, Yi Yi Can't Sleep

On the first night without He Yushen by his side, Nan Yi suffered from insomnia.

Xiao Bao slept soundly in the little bed beside him. Unable to drift off, Nan Yi endlessly turned in bed before finally grabbing his phone.

The chat history with He Yushen showed the last message at 10 PM: [Sleep early, my love. Goodnight].

Nan Yi had only responded with a single word: [Okay], knowing that the alpha was preoccupied.

Scrolling up through the chat, Nan Yi saw a long list of call logs, with very few text messages.

He Yushen was always home at night, and they seldom chatted via phone. Any discussions were whispered beneath the covers.

Nan Yi deeply missed He Yushen's warm embrace.

It was already 1 AM. He didn't message He Yushen, assuming the alpha would be asleep by now.

Unable to text He Yushen and still unable to sleep, Nan Yi irritably shoved the phone under his pillow, trying to force himself to rest.

The more he wanted to fall asleep quickly, the more agitated he became.

An hour passed in a blink, and he was still wide awake.

This reminded him of his afternoon encounter with Nan Zhi. With Xiao Bao catching a cold and He Yushen's sudden business trip, he had completely forgotten to tell He Yushen about seeing Nan Zhi.

Nan Zhi had blocked Nan Yi's number and didn't respond on WeChat. If Nan Zhi remained unreachable, only He Yushen could help him locate Nan Zhi.

Fortunately, He Yushen would only be away for three days. Once he returned, they could search for Nan Zhi, Nan Yi thought.

The property being in Nan Zhi's hands provided some relief; it was better than being with Nan Zaimin.

However, Nan Yi wished the house were under his control. He couldn't fathom Nan Zhi's motives or thoughts. How had the soft little brother from their childhood changed so much?

....................................

Early the next morning, Nan Yi was jolted awake by a phone call.

Still groggy and struggling to open his eyes, he didn't bother checking the caller ID before answering.

"Madam."

"Hmm?"

Still groggy from sleep, Nan Yi's voice was hoarse and muffled, answering almost instinctively.

"Madam, there's a man claiming to be your father looking for you. Should I give him your new address?"

"My father?"

The person, who moments ago was clouded with sleepiness, suddenly opened his eyes wide, flipping himself up from the bed.

"Yes, he said his name is Nan Zhai Min."

Nan Yi recognized the voice on the other end of the line—it was the villa's gatekeeper.

It seems that Nan Zhai Min was unaware that she and He Yu Shen had moved here and had gone to the villa instead.

"What does he want?" Nan Yi's expression turned cold. She didn't want anything to do with Nan Zhai Min.

"Is that you, Yi? Hand me the phone, I'd like to speak with him." Nan Zhai Min's voice came through the phone, so clear that he must be standing quite close to the guard.