Chapter 63: Come, Call Him Dad.

Early the next morning, Nan Yi was woken by He Yu Shen's "alarm service".

Desiring more sleep, he murmured with eyes still closed, "Let me... sleep... a little longer."

Standing by the bed, He Yu Shen, looking down at him, held back a chuckle, poking Nan Yi's face outside the blanket.

Teasingly, he remarked, "Didn't we agree to fetch Uncle Ling? Why are you still lazing around?"

"Hmm, I... just a little more..."

His words slurred with sleepiness.

The drowsy Omega's voice, sticky and muffled, was more alluring than any coquettish behavior.

Resignedly, He Yu Shen sighed, "Remember to eat something after your nap."

"Mmm..."

Clearly, he hadn't grasped a word. He Yu Shen gently furrowed his brows, tucking the exposed arm of Nan Yi under the blanket.

Before departing for the ancestral home, he left instructions with the butler: if Nan Yi wasn't downstairs by nine, he should be woken up for breakfast.

"Yu Shen, let's go together."

"Alright."

Both alphas didn't have much to say on the way to the old mansion. Yet, the atmosphere was oddly unawkward.

He Yu Shen thought, had it not been for a certain little one oversleeping, he'd have had another opportunity to tease.

Yun Luo was lost in the passing scenery, traveling through a fog-covered highway and into the usually bustling city center. Everywhere was adorned with bright lights, glowing brilliantly in red.

Tomorrow is the thirtieth, nearly all the shops on the street are closed. There are hardly any pedestrians, but the traffic congestion is severe.

Yun Luo, looking at the lanterns hanging on the traffic lights, turned to the person beside him, "Yu Shen, why did you choose a residence so far away?"

"It's peaceful."

As He Yu Shen spoke, silence once again settled in the car.

Yun Luo lowered his eyes slightly, regretting his lack of eloquence.

He Yu Shen focused intently on the road throughout, but his thoughts were on whether the omega at home had woken up for breakfast.

He already looked so delicate; if he missed breakfast and got hypoglycemia or something, there'd be concerns about him even walking.

He Yu Shen didn't drive into the old mansion but parked in front of its gate.

As the two entered the living room, the always stern He Zhang was carefully feeding someone seated in a wheelchair with a bowl of medicine.

He Yu Shen disdainfully sneered, "Putting on a show, what took you so long?"

"Shen Shen, Yun Luo, you're here!" Seeing He Yu Shen, Ling Ran's face lit up with a kindly smile and surprise.

"Oh! Why isn't Mr. Nan here?"

He Zhang scooped up another spoon of medicine for Ling Ran, coldly remarking, "It's better if he doesn't come. Having a father like that, he's nothing but inferior..."

"Nan Yi didn't plan on coming. We came to pick you up," He Yu Shen interrupted calmly.

He Zhang replied just as icily, "If you want to celebrate, do it properly. If not, go back on your own."