Chapter 38: He Seems Different

Nan Yi's heat lasted for three days. He Yu Shen refrained from going to work, instead staying home to accompany the young omega.

He bathed Nan Yi, held him as they went downstairs for meals, and constantly released calming pheromones to soothe the restless omega.

Nestled on the couch, clutching a pillow, Nan Yi daydreamed while staring at the man working diligently at the desk.

The calming pheromones in the air are addictive.

The alpha, who used to be irritable and disdainful towards me, seems to have grown much gentler.

The computer displayed a new project proposal sent by an assistant. With every scroll of the mouse, the alpha's expression darkened.

His sharp brows furrowed slightly, rejecting the proposal. His fingers typed swiftly, leaving only three words: [Redo it].

The man, who had been working all morning, leaned back into his chair with a frown, casting a sidelong glance at the figure on the sofa.

Gazing with a usually indifferent expression, he found himself fixated on his omega, who seemed endearingly dazed.

Those earnest eyes prompted the alpha's previously furrowed brows to relax, and his lips parted slightly.

"I want you."

The tone was teasing. 

Nan Yi blushed and shook his head shyly.

His heat cycle had passed; it was only his craving for the alpha's soothing pheromones that kept him curled up on the sofa like the day before.

"Come here," beckoned He Yu Shen.

Nan Yi hesitated, putting down the pillow he held, and slowly approached the alpha.

He Yu Shen slid his chair back slightly, legs spread casually.

Nan Yi halted beside him.

"Stand in front," He Yu Shen instructed again.

Nan Yi awkwardly placed his hands behind his back, positioning himself in the narrow space between the desk and the alpha's legs. His V-neck pajama top revealed a collarbone and neck scattered with love bites.

"Are you done?"

Nan Yi nodded in affirmation.

"Then, I'll head to the office later. If you feel unwell, message me."

Nan Yi nodded again.

The obedient omega stood in front of him with his head slightly lowered, a pleasant sight.

Those lips looked exceptionally rosy, and the arms he kept behind him were tender and fair.

He Yu Shen reached out, wrapping an arm around the omega's slender waist. With a slight tug, he pulled the figure into his embrace.

The sudden gesture startled Nan Yi.

With an expression of panic akin to a startled rabbit, He Yushen curled his lips, his large hand firmly gripping her delicate chin as he leaned down to press a kiss upon her rosy lips.

It was her first kiss outside of a heat cycle, Nan Yi stiffened, barely daring to breathe, every nerve tense. A ringing seemed to echo in her ears, her head feeling light.

The icy touch felt like electricity coursing through her body, causing tremors of shivers.

"Still haven't learned to breathe properly?"