Chapter 11: Would I eat a human?

After alighting from the car, Nan Yi stood quietly to the side. Once both passengers exited the vehicle and He Yushen headed inside, he slowly followed.

"Brother Shen, should I wear a white suit or a black one today?"

Song Jing followed closely behind He Yushen, positioning herself between him and Nan Yi, continually engaging He Yushen in conversation.

Nan Yi felt like an unnoticed presence, quietly trailing a fair distance behind the duo.

He Yushen remarked, "Either is fine."

Song Jing decided, "Then I'll wear black today."

He Yushen, who was walking ahead, paused as if struck by a thought, turning around with a furrowed brow.

Song Jing also stopped, casting him a puzzled look, "Brother Shen?"

Nan Yi hadn't anticipated their sudden halt and paused a moment later, now finding himself locked in a gaze with those a few steps away.

Despite the oppressive weather, Nan Yi remained in his long-sleeved attire, revealing only his face and neck.

But even that short stretch of exposed neck indicated just how pale his skin was beneath the clothing.

He Yushen turned to observe the Omega behind him, momentarily lost for words.

There was a hint of apprehension in Nan Yi's confusion. He instinctively took a small step back—such instinctual reactions revealing genuine emotions when confronted by an alpha.

He Yushen queried, "Do you have formal attire?"

Nan Yi stared blankly at He Yushen, realizing after a few seconds that the question was directed at him.

Nan Yi gently shook his head.

He had never attended any banquets, so why would he own formal wear?

Well, he did have one set—the white suit from his wedding with the alpha.

A frown appeared on He Yushen's face, and without a word, he turned to enter the house.

"Master He," the butler greeted him upon entry.

"Find him suitable attire for the banquet," He Yushen instructed, handing his coat to the butler.

As Nan Yi entered, he overheard the conversation.

"Mr. Nan? It might be too late to prepare something now," the butler responded truthfully.

He Yushen asked, "Why wasn't it prepared in advance?"

His tone was steady and indifferent, but the remark caused Nan Yi to look up in surprise.

The butler apologized, "I'm sorry, Master He. It was my oversight."

"The tailor will take Mr. Nan's measurements tomorrow."

He Yushen instructed, "Find him something suitable to wear, and quickly."

Having spoken, He Yushen ascended the stairs, disappearing in the direction of his study upon reaching the top.

Nan Yi remained rooted to the spot, lost in thought, until the butler approached and addressed him.

"Mr. Nan, would wearing one of Miss Jing's suits suffice for now?"

Song Jing, standing nearby, had let her previously cheerful expression fade after He Yushen's departure.

Hearing the butler's suggestion, her face contorted in disbelief, regarding Nan Yi with evident disdain.