Chapter 47 The heat period is approaching; time to prepare.

Yin Lu ordered a bunch of snacks. However, just as he settled down, he was interrupted by a phone call.

"I finally get some time with my adorable brother, and this is when they decide to call."

"Feng Feng, I have to go."

Yin Lu affectionately ruffled Yin Feng's hair, who looked back with a face full of distaste.

"Mr. Nan, see you next time." Yin Lu winked at Nan Yi with his charming almond-shaped eyes.

Yin Lu always carried the demeanor of a playboy, whether in speech or action.

Nan Yi was curious about why Yin Feng always looked so disdainful of Yin Lu. However, knowing his boundaries, he didn't press the matter.

After Yin Lu's departure, Nan Yi didn't chat with Yin Feng for long. As soon as Yin Feng saw a photo of an omega next to Bai Shan Yao in his social feed, he hurriedly excused himself.

His anxious demeanor was reminiscent of a scorned partner catching a lover's indiscretion.

Upon returning to the villa, Nan Yi immediately dived into his writing.

It wasn't until it neared the time for He Yu Shen to get off work that he emerged from his room to wait in the living room.

Waiting was dull, and much like Yin Feng, Nan Yi decided to check out He Yu Shen's social feed.

As he opened the chat interface, he noticed a message from Nan Xin, who had long deleted him.

[Give me Yin Shao's contact]

Nan Yi glanced at the message, deleted the chat history, removed Nan Xin from his contacts, and adjusted his settings to require verification for friend requests.

He Yu Shen's social feed was empty. Nan Yi surmised that he had probably been blocked.

The barren social feed brought a twinge of melancholy.

Today, He Yu Shen didn't work overtime and arrived home around seven. The meal prepared by the housekeeper was ready, and they dined together.

He Yu Shen noticed that a certain omega wasn't eating much that evening. A small piece of chicken had been prodded several times but never made its way into his mouth.

"Not fond of tonight's dishes?" He Yu Shen offered a piece of fish to Nan Yi's bowl.

The chopsticks that had been restlessly poking at the food paused, picking up the fish instead.

Nan Yi shook his head.

"You should eat properly. Look how thin you've become. Your constitution is weak; every time you have a heat cycle, you faint multiple times."

"Is it that all subpar omegas are this fragile? Later, I'll ask the housekeeper to prepare some nourishing dishes for you."

Although He Yu Shen's tone was slightly disdainful, Nan Yi was genuinely pleased.

He knew that beneath He Yu Shen's brusque exterior lay a tender heart.

In fact, he had grown much gentler compared to when Nan Yi first arrived at the villa.

Gazing at the alpha before him, Nan Yi's heart fluttered cautiously.

"My heat cycle will be in a few days. Prepare yourself, and try to nourish yourself in the meantime."