Chapter 29: The Two Discovered in the Kitchen

Now it was Nan Yi's turn to be stunned. It appeared the Omega before him mistook him for a chef.

Nan Yi shook his head, indicating that he wasn't a chef.

Unfortunately, the Omega didn't understand him and muttered under his breath, "Already tastes bad, and now he doesn't even want to hear it."

Nan Yi: ...

Although the Omega looked disdainful, he didn't hesitate to eat from the bowl.

And for someone who seemed as cold as ice, Nan Yi didn't expect the Omega to be so talkative, incessantly chattering throughout the meal.

"This soup lacks flavor."

"You put too much chili."

"Does He Yushen have an Omega now?"

Nan Yi: ...

How did the conversation shift from critiquing the meal to prying into personal matters?

"Of those who came today, only I am aware of He Yushen's identity."

The Omega remarked after taking a sip of the soup.

Nan Yi glanced at the Omega and nodded in acknowledgment.

With someone listening, the Omega became even more animated, even starting to rant.

"I initially didn't even want to attend Song Jing's birthday banquet. But the moment my father saw the address Song Jing posted in the group, he recognized it as He Yushen's residence and insisted that I attend."

"He also demanded that I somehow get close to He Yushen. I mean, what does he think of his own son?"

Nan Yi was somewhat taken aback, setting aside his food to listen intently to the Omega.

With such an attentive audience, the Omega grew more enthusiastic.

"Considering who He Yushen is, would he even be interested in an ordinary Omega like me?"

"Plus, I caught a glimpse of He Yushen in the living room earlier. That expression of his, as if everyone owes him a fortune. Totally off-putting."

"I don't like him one bit."

Nan Yi wholeheartedly agreed with the Omega's words, nodding more emphatically than before.

"Had it not been for my father, I wouldn't have bothered coming. Song Jing is so pretentious. Utterly annoying."

Again, Nan Yi nodded sincerely in agreement.

"You know, we've been chatting for a while now, and I still don't know your name."

The Omega took another sip from his bowl without looking up.

Nan Yi gave another nod.

He stopped mid-nod.

"Is nodding all you know how to do?" The Omega gave Nan Yi a disdainful look as if he were looking at a fool.

Continuing, the Omega introduced, "I'm Yin Feng. And you are?"

Setting down the large bowl he was holding, Nan Yi pulled out his phone and typed out his name.

"Nan Yi."

Yin Feng read the name aloud from Nan Yi's phone screen.

"I actually quite like you. How about we add each other on WeChat?" With that, Yin Feng began reaching for his own phone.