Chapter 45: He Didn't Want Him to See Nan Zhi

Chapter 45: He Didn't Want Him to See Nan Zhi

He Yushen got off work quite late today. Subordinates had made four or five incorrect revisions to a project, prompting an outburst from him at the office.

By the time he got home from work, it was already nine o'clock.

The omega, who usually secluded himself in his small office by this hour, was now lost in thought on the living room couch.

"Why haven't you gone upstairs yet?"

At the sound of his voice, the daydreaming figure jolted, turning hesitantly toward him, resembling a startled rabbit.

Those indifferent eyes blinked in bewilderment, radiating an adorable daze.

"Have you eaten?" He Yushen inquired.

Settling next to Nan Yi, his arm naturally wrapped around Nan Yi's shoulder, speaking in a gentle tone.

The omega nestled in his embrace shook his head subtly, leaning further into He Yushen's neck.

With a slight arch of his eyebrow, He Yushen observed that Nan Yi was unusually docile today.

"Did you wait on purpose to dine together?"

He Yushen's breakfasts were prepared by Nan Yi, and they typically shared their morning meal. As long as He Yushen maintained regular working hours, they also dined together in the evenings.

Nan Yi neither nodded nor shook his head, but the blush on his ears betrayed his current sentiments.

All the irritation from work dissipated. With a light chuckle, He Yushen held one of Nan Yi's hands, commenting, "You're getting better at charming others."

In high spirits, He Yushen served Nan Yi generous portions during dinner.

Even though Nan Yi felt a bit overstuffed, he still ate everything He Yushen placed on his plate.

Nan Yi had always yearned for simple things - just some genuine care. His blood-related family never genuinely valued him.

Yet He Yushen, who could discard him at any moment, showered him with attention and affection.

"I'm not working tomorrow. We'll go to the hospital to collect your test results; they're ready."

At bedtime, Nan Yi curled up in the warmth of He Yushen's embrace, resting his hands gently on the alpha's chest, feeling the warmth and heartbeat.

He yearned to always be cradled with such tenderness.

Accompanied by He Yushen, Nan Yi once again visited the hospital.

"Mr. Nan's condition is manageable. Full recovery is very likely, though it might be a lengthy process ranging from 3 to 9 months, perhaps even longer."

The aging doctor, his temples graying and holding the test results that Nan Yi couldn't comprehend, studied them with keen eyes, as if looking at a rare treasure.

Nan Yi's eyes widened in disbelief, his fingers trembling slightly with emotion. Having lost his voice for over a decade, he had almost resigned to this being his life's fate.

"How much longer could it be?" He Yushen asked.

"It's uncertain; it depends on the recovery."

"Don't worry, Mr. Nan's condition isn't too severe. He should be speaking normally in at most nine months."

"If you both wish to proceed with treatment, please make an appointment in advance. Our hospital tailors surgical plans based on each patient's needs. Surgery costs range from a hundred thousand to two to three hundred thousand."