Chapter 117: His Command

Nan Zhi taught the little one to make a wish, blow out the candles, eat the cake, and finally cleaned up with the help of an auntie.

In his free time, he washed clothes for his little treasure, cleaned shoes, and didn't even notice when his hands were submerged in cold water.

He felt that being this busy gave him a chance to breathe.

The moment he had a break, his heart would ache sharply.

Having what one relies on for survival completely extracted from the body is such a painful experience.

That black jacket in the wardrobe, he picked it up countless times only to return it to its place.

Getting accustomed to unconditionally yielding to someone is indeed a terrifying habit.

"Find something to do!" He admonished himself.

Not wanting to make much noise, he gently seated himself on the carpet beside the bed.

Lin Yunjian was deep in slumber, tightly clutching his favorite toy.

No calls from Lin Qiuwu had come through since, and in Nan Zhi's phone, there was nothing to distract him.

Upon opening WeChat, he saw only a handful of friends.

His finger lingered on Nan Yi's profile picture for a long moment. Clicking on it, then exiting, he felt he had no right to burden Nan Yi with his troubles.

As he was lost in thought, his phone vibrated.

[Come to me now.]

[Or be prepared to never see Lin Yunjian again.]

From Lin Qiuwu's warning, even just this cold text, he could infer that the Alpha must be teetering on the edge of losing control.

He knew all too well the nature of Alphas in their sensitive phase.

Nan Zhi knew that Lin Qiuwu wasn't one for empty threats; he always followed through.

He never imagined that such reliability could feel so oppressive one day.

Without a doubt, Lin Qiuwu would indeed take Lin Yunjian away.

He couldn't bear to lose Lin Yunjian.

So what if he humbled himself once more? It wasn't a big deal.

Nan Zhi's fingertips trembled as he struggled to his feet. Before he could grab his coat, his phone vibrated again.

[You have one minute to come downstairs.]

Without time to fetch his coat, wearing only his pajamas, he softly exited his bedroom and dashed out.

Lin Qiuwu was outside! If he didn't go out, Lin Qiuwu would surely come in and take Lin Yunjian!

The evening mist had thickened, obscuring the streetlights, and the rain was coming down harder.

Despite wearing light clothing, Nan Zhi broke out in a sweat as he stepped outside.

Without hesitation, he dashed into the rain. His plush slippers became drenched, yet he sprinted on the muddy path.

Beyond the rusted gate, a familiar car was parked by the roadside.

Nan Zhi's pace slowed. Even though it was a short distance, he needed immense courage to approach.