Chapter 71: Craving the Scent

"He Yu, even if you're in your heightened period... we can't..."

Blushing, Nan Yi gently pushed against the alpha's chest. The subtle yet overpowering scent intensified, constantly overwhelming his senses. He feared he couldn't resist.

"I won't do anything. Just let me hold you; I need your comfort."

"Darling, I want to savor your scent."

The sweet, candy-like pheromones became overwhelmingly apparent. He Yu greedily nuzzled Nan Yi's neck.

And Nan Yi felt a warmth spreading from his toes to the tip of his head.

His face turned as red as a ripe tomato.

The two held each other closely by the living room door, despite the draft, Nan Yi felt unusually warm.

As Nan Yi released his somewhat normalized pheromones and his legs started to weaken, He Yu finally carried him into the living room.

The table was laden with food, and for the first time, Nan Yi found himself being held while eating.

As the butler and maid occasionally passed through the living room, Nan Yi felt deeply embarrassed, yet couldn't push away the alpha in his sensitive period.

Nan Yi felt like a warm packet, typically used in winter.

He Yu was inseparable from him, no matter where they went.

Even during a bath, He Yu insisted they shower together.

Thankfully, given his unique condition, or else, with He Yu's wolfish gaze, he might have faced a more intimate predicament.

After the bath, weariness overcame Nan Yi, making it hard to keep his eyes open.

Nestled gently in Alpha's embrace, I found a comfortable position. With closed eyes, I was a second away from drifting off into dreamland.

"Wife."

"Help me."

The hand that had been resting limply on Alpha's chest was caught and guided down *.

The drowsiness that had consumed my mind vanished entirely.

Nan Yi's face reddened and heated up once more.

He whispered a rebuke, "He Yu Shen!"

"Wife, I'm in discomfort." A sultry, magnetic voice echoed from above.

"You can take the suppressant..."

Despite the room being shrouded in darkness, he still buried his face in the crook of Alpha's neck, overwhelmed by embarrassment.

"Took it during the day... will take it tomorrow." Alpha's voice was restrained with a hint of a tremble.

Nan Yi didn't have the heart to continue speaking.

The bedroom was so quiet that only the rustle of fabric and Alpha's slightly heavy breathing could be heard.

"He Yu Shen..."

"In a moment."

"Call me 'husband'." Cool lips brushed the back of his neck.

"No..."

Just as he spoke, a gentle nibble caught the tip of his ear.

"I... I need to wash my hands..." Nan Yi murmured faintly, his words barely clear.