Chapter 70: A Simple Misunderstanding

After He Yu Shen answered, he noticed the disappointment deepening in the eyes of the Omega sitting on the sofa.

He was somewhat perplexed, thinking that perhaps his absence last night had upset the young one.

A smile shimmered in He Yu Shen's eyes, realizing the young man had grown even more attached to him.

"Why didn't you answer my calls?" Nan Yi, suppressing his emotions, asked again.

He Yu Shen pulled him close, gently planting a kiss on his smooth forehead.

"It was an exceptional circumstance last night. In the future, I'll always inform you if I won't be coming home."

His tone was tender and indulgent.

Any semblance of normalcy on Nan Yi's face started to waver.

It seemed clear that He Yu Shen had been flirting with other Omegas last night, only to act as if nothing happened upon his return.

He professed love, yet seemed to betray that very sentiment.

"You're lying. You're nothing but a player."

The Omega's voice trembled, teary-eyed, with the corners turning a glistening red.

He Yu Shen felt as if that soft, pained voice was like a fine needle piercing his heart.

It's a bit heart-wrenching.

"What's wrong?" He Yu deeply, with a pained heart, pulled the person close, lifting Nan Yi's face to meet his gaze.

"Considering my current situation, you still managed to cheat on me. You claim to love me, but all alphas are liars."

Tears brimmed in Nan Yi's eyes. He couldn't understand why he was so emotional right now.

He had endured so much injustice at home in the past.

Why did all his emotions spill out uncontrollably whenever He Yu was involved, making him feel like a fragile porcelain doll?

"What? Cheated?"

He Yu's expression was of genuine surprise, as if he truly hadn't strayed.

"You!"

Nan Yi couldn't believe that even at this point, He Yu wouldn't admit to it.

Nan Yi's eyes remained fixed on He Yu's, searching for some hidden emotion within those deep orbs.

He Yu felt a pang of urgency under Nan Yi's disappointed gaze.

"Nan Yi, I did not cheat," he stressed.

Even when He Yu didn't have an Omega, he never touched another. Especially now, when he's fallen for Nan Yi.

Loving his one and only Omega, it's even more impossible for him to be with anyone else.

"Don't you trust me? Nan Yi, you're the only Omega I've ever been with."

Nan Yi kept his head down, remaining silent. He couldn't believe there might be some misunderstanding regarding that photo on the phone.

Seeing his Omega's continued silence made He Yu increasingly anxious.

Given the Omega's current delicate situation, he shouldn't be stressed or hold onto negative emotions.

Left with no choice, He Yu decided to call Yun Luo.

The phone rang for a while before being answered.