Chapter 120: Narrow Escape from Death

Chapter 120: Narrow Escape from Death

When Nan Yi and He Yushen arrived at the hospital, Nan Zhi was in the emergency room, and the one who informed Nan Yi was Hu Wen, Nan Zhi's lead surgeon.

The surgery lasted a long time, only ending when the rain outside had ceased by daybreak, and Nan Zhi was finally wheeled out of the operating room.

"There's no threat to his life, but his leg might be a bit..." Hu Wen's voice trailed off, a hint of sorrow in his eyes.

"This is the best outcome we could hope for. He won't wake up for now; you should get some rest."

"It's all my fault. If only I had answered his call in time..." Nan Yi's eyes once again filled with tears.

"Get some rest first. You need to be strong and alert to care for him when he wakes up. Don't dwell on the past," He Yushen comforted, pulling the distraught Nan Yi into an embrace.

After a full day and night, Nan Zhi finally woke up.

Seeing Nan Yi by his bedside, he looked somewhat dazed.

Nan Zhi hadn't expected to survive.

He thought it would be like his previous life, where his journey had ended.

"Nan Yi?"

His voice, hoarse and raspy, didn't sound like his own. Only after waking did he feel the pain in his leg.

"You're awake! Do you want some water? Are you hungry? Does it still hurt?" Nan Yi jumped up from his chair, anxiety evident in his eyes.

"Jian Jian?" With great effort, he tried to sit up, realizing he had no strength left.

"They've gone to your house to get him. Don't worry. Let me pour you some water first."

After Nan Zhi's surgery, Nan Yi was concerned that Lin Yunjian was alone at home. He thought of asking He Yushen to find out Nan Zhi's address, but surprisingly, Hu Wen already knew.

Nan Zhi said, "Jian Jian isn't at home."

Nan Yi paused in the midst of pouring water, puzzled. "Not at home? Is he with Lin Qiuwu? I'll call He Yushen to..."

"Brother, Jian Jian has been taken by Xu Lan."

Having narrowly escaped death, Nan Zhi's perspective shifted. Aside from Lin Yunjian, Nan Yi was his only family.

In this world, who else but family truly cares whether you live or die?

Nan Yi froze, caught off guard and pleasantly surprised by Nan Zhi's sudden address.

Regaining his composure, he looked at Nan Zhi with furrowed brows, "Who is Xu Lan?"

"Lin Qiuwu's mother. Brother, can you help me? I don't want Jian Jian to be taken away from me. I know I don't have the right to ask... but I'm truly at a loss."

He could lose everything, even Lin Qiuwu, but he couldn't bear to lose Lin Yunjian. Even if it meant returning to the Lin family, he wouldn't accept it.

Moreover, Xu Lan would surely never let him see Lin Yunjian again.

"As for Lin Qiuwu, he..."

Nan Yi initially wanted to ask about Lin Qiuwu's intentions. However, seeing Nan Zhi's downcast demeanor, he held back his inquiry and firmly stated, "Don't worry; I've got your back."

On their way back to the hospital, He Yushen and Hu Wen returned empty-handed. Throughout the journey, the image of the blood-covered omega haunted Hu Wen.