Chapter 59: Standing up for Himself

Chapter 59: Standing up for Himself

Nan Yi woke up quite late the next day, reflecting on the previous night's events.

He felt he should clarify things with He Yushen, but the alpha was no longer in the bedroom. So, Nan Yi decided to first inquire about Yin Feng's situation.

Instinctively, he reached under the pillow. Finding nothing, he remembered his phone was probably still in the car.

With no other option, Nan Yi descended the stairs and borrowed the butler's phone to make a call. There was no answer. The person probably hadn't sobered up, given how intoxicated they were last night.

It was already 11 am. He Yushen had left for work. Any explanation would have to wait until the evening.

After a night's rest, the swelling on his face had somewhat subsided, no longer so noticeable.

After his meal, he retrieved his phone from the car, only to find it completely smashed and unusable.

He placed the phone, its screen littered with cracks, on the table, resting his head in his hands as he stared at it.

If he told He Yushen about last night, would he seek revenge on his behalf?

Probably not.

Just thinking about that despicable alpha made Nan Yi feel nauseous.

Ironically, when he wanted some fruit and opened the refrigerator, he spotted durian inside, which instantly turned his face pale.

After confirming with the maid and the butler that they didn't eat it,

The lightly dressed omega, holding two durians bigger than his own head, stepped out of the mansion.

As a black Maybach stopped in front of him, he dropped the durian on the ground and gave it an unsatisfied kick.

Nan Yi hadn't expected He Yushen and Yun Luo to return so early. Had he known, he would never have done something so foolish.

He Yushen: ............

The two in the car stared back at him, while Nan Yi stood frozen in place.

Yun Luo looked slightly puzzled. "Mr. Nan doesn't like durian?"

Embarrassed, Nan Yi offered a sheepish smile, "It's a bit... pungent."

He Yushen cast a brief glance at the durian on the ground. "Get in."

Yun Luo, who originally sat in the backseat with He Yushen, took the initiative to move to the front passenger seat.

Nan Yi assumed both men intended to accompany him back to the mansion. However, once he was in the car, it turned in the opposite direction.

"Yushen, aren't we going back?"

"We have a place to go first."

With Yun Luo present, Nan Yi didn't bring up the events of the previous night, choosing to sit silently in the car instead.

Both Yun Luo and He Yushen weren't particularly talkative, and neither was Nan Yi, so the car journey was exceptionally quiet.

Nan Yi was already feeling unwell. As the car navigated curves, he swayed with the motion, feeling discomfort in his seat. Every so often, he adjusted his posture, trying to bear the unease.

Thankfully, the drive was brief.

The car stopped at a familiar spot, causing a knot of apprehension in Nan Yi's stomach.