Chapter 116: Find someone else...

"It's alright. Go on inside, it gets a bit chilly at night."

Hu Wen averted his gaze; he couldn't maintain prolonged eye contact with an omega. It was too enticing.

"Thank you," Nan Zhi sincerely reiterated.

Hu Wen's eyes lingered on the retreating figure behind the iron gate.

The old place didn't even have proper security. The rusted iron gate remained slightly ajar, not fully closed.

"Young Master? Are you leaving?"

"Yes."

..............................

Since returning from the hospital, Nan Zhi hadn't set foot outside. As the days grew colder and winter approached, he stayed indoors, keeping Lin Yunjian company.

Every day, he worried that Lin Qiu would take Lin Yunjian away from him.

The onset of winter marked Lin Yunjian's birthday, his second birthday.

The day was foggy with a light drizzle, making the air damp and chilly.

Nan Zhi went to the mall alone, intending to order a cute cake for the young alpha and, while at it, buy some winter clothes for Lin Yunjian.

With limited funds, Nan Zhi used the card Lin Qiu gave him for the first time. Justifying that it was meant for Lin Yunjian's expenses, he confidently purchased several branded children's outfits before placing an order for the cake.

As he walked past a café, the clear glass windows gave a vivid view of the interior.

To Nan Zhi's surprise, he chanced upon Hu Wen, who appeared to be on a date. It seemed like fate that he would run into him during this rare outing.

Opposite the familiar alpha sat a stunning omega. Given Hu Wen's formal attire, it looked very much like a date.

With envious eyes, Nan Zhi watched the pair for a few moments before continuing on his way. He seemed to have never been on a date himself.

Meanwhile, inside the café:

"Xiao Wen, do you know that omega outside? He's been looking at you for quite some time."

The female alpha, with wavy hair and red lipstick, had an enchanting yet fierce gaze. She lazily lifted her coffee to her lips.

"I know a lot of people. Who are you referring to?"

Without turning around immediately, Hu Wen lazily took a sip of his mocha, sounding somewhat smug.

After all, he was the most sought-after alpha in the hospital, receiving countless admiring glances from omegas.

"A lovely omega. His eyes... they're just my type."

"Aren't you afraid your little darling will get jealous if he hears?"

Hu Wen quirked an eyebrow, turning around with a mix of jest and curiosity.

There wasn't an omega outside, just a fleeting figure disappearing around a distant corner.

That was... Nan Zhi!

"What's going on?"

The female alpha looked up, puzzled by Hu Wen, who unexpectedly stood up.

Before she could get an explanation, Hu Wen hurriedly made his exit from the café.

"Tsk, weren't you supposed to be treating?"