Chapter 33: The Little Omega Asleep in the Bathtub

He Yu's tone halted in displeasure.

The bathroom was filled with mist, and the omega lay tranquilly in the bathtub, eyes closed, deep in slumber.

Tiny droplets clung to the slightly curled lashes, a petite and rounded nose, and the tilted back head revealed a slender neck, its shoulders tinted with a rosy hue.

A mermaid emerging from the water.

The alpha's Adam's apple moved sensually up and down.

He Yu approached the bathtub.

He gently cradled the sleeping mermaid into his embrace, tenderly carrying the resting omega out of the bathroom.

He Yu's pajamas were dampened, the dark fabric taking on a deeper shade.

The person in his arms, feeling the cold in their sleep, unconsciously snuggled closer into his embrace.

The alpha sat down on the bed, using a towel he had grabbed earlier to gently dry the mermaid's body.

"If this happens again, don't expect my forgiveness."

Nipping lightly at the sleeping person's ear, He Yu tucked the omega into the covers, shedding his damp pajamas, and slipped into bed himself.

Before he could even reach out to embrace the omega, the little one snuggled closer to him.

Lips curling slightly, he wrapped his arms around the tiny omega, drifting off into the night's embrace.

Nan Yi slept straight through to noon the next day.

He woke with a splitting hangover headache, still somewhat groggy as he got out of bed.

He moved slowly, feeling dizzy and nauseated as he stared at the floor.

He hadn't felt this awful the night before.

Not only was he dizzy, but he also felt hungry. After drinking a glass of water downstairs, he sat dazedly on the sofa, waiting for the maid to prepare his meal.

Nan Yi couldn't recall how he fell asleep the previous night, only remembering that he had taken a bath in the bathtub.

Fortunately, He Yu had gone out again. Otherwise, Nan Yi wasn't sure how he would face the angry, sharp-tongued alpha.

"Quack"

The clear chirp of a frog ringtone sounded, prompting Nan Yi to unlock his phone and skim through his latest messages.

[Yin Feng: Ugh, I drank too much last night.]

[Yin Feng: Did my brother take you home?]

It was from Yin Feng. Given that Nan Yi had consumed only a smidgen of alcohol and had recently woken up, Yin Feng must have just awakened as well.

Nan Yi quickly responded: [Yes, he did.]

[Did you just wake up?]

[Yin Feng: Good to hear. I won't bring you along for drinks next time. If I get drunk, no one will be there to look out for you.]

[Yin Feng: Mm-hmm.]

A smile crept onto Nan Yi's face as he viewed the frog sticker on his screen, one that was raising a fist and had the caption "Trust me". He added the sticker to his collection before replying.

[I don't need anyone to look out for me.]

He was mute, a subpar omega; what could possibly bother him?