Chapter 28: Yi Yi Mistaken for the Cook

The majority of the guests in the living room followed Song Jing outside to the lawn, leaving a few who sat in a corner, their faces slightly flushed as they intently observed the figure on the couch.

He Yu Shen swirled the drink in his hand, downing it in one go before rising.

The nearby omegas, their eyes widening and breaths held in anticipation, stared at the approaching alpha, forgetting to set down their drinks.

He Yu Shen strode past them, heading upstairs.

Omega one exclaimed, "He's so handsome!"

Omega two whispered, "I was so entranced, I forgot to breathe."

A beta chimed in, "Even as a beta, my heart raced."

While laughter and chatter filled the outside, silence pervaded the room.

Seated on his bed, Nan Yi aimlessly scrolled through his phone.

He browsed through gossip, watched short clips, and then switched to a horror movie. The moment a bloody handprint appeared on the screen, he tossed his phone aside.

After what felt like an eternity of waiting,

There was a knock on the bedroom door.

"Mr. Nan, with so many people downstairs, I've made only a bowl of noodles for you," the maid said, holding the dish in front of the door.

Nan Yi nodded, making a gesture of appreciation.

"Since it's evening, I added fewer chili peppers. I hope it suits your taste."

Nan Yi nodded again, indicating his approval.

As he took the bowl of noodles and turned to go back inside, the maid hurriedly called out to him.

"Mr. Nan, thank you. I received my salary yesterday."

"You truly are a good person, Mr. Nan."

As He Yu Shen was coming upstairs, he caught a glimpse of the maid standing at the door and overheard her final words.

Holding the bowl of noodles in one hand and his phone on the bed, all Nan Yi could do was shake his head in a gesture of 'it's nothing'.

"I'll be heading downstairs now, Mr. Nan."

The maid closed the door behind her. Nan Yi, with the aromatic bowl of noodles laden with ingredients, eagerly sat down to eat.

He couldn't wait to dig in.

"Why aren't you joining the party downstairs?" He Yu Shen asked as he entered. At that moment, Nan Yi was slurping a few strands of noodles,

Looking a bit comical yet endearingly goofy.

With finesse, Nan Yi drew the noodles into his mouth, ignoring He Yu Shen and continuing to devour his meal.

Of all concerns, filling one's stomach reigns supreme.

He Yu Shen, undeterred by the slight, walked over and positioned himself behind Nan Yi, resting his head on the omega's slender shoulder.

It felt bony, somewhat uncomfortable.

"Give me a bite."

Nan Yi's noodle-slurping paused, and he turned in disbelief, his lips brushing against the alpha's face.

Nan Yi: ...............

The soft and slightly cold touch lingered on his face for a moment. He Yu Shen's lips curled into a smirk.