Chapter 56: Targeted by a Creep

On February 10th, five days before the Lunar New Year, Nan Yi went out to meet his pre-arranged friend, Yin Feng.

The tea house they'd planned to visit had turned into a bar, and this bar was more chaotic than the last.

Alphas and omegas mingled wildly, dancing energetically in the deafeningly loud dance area.

Nan Yi disliked this atmosphere, but he was worried about Yin Feng, especially after receiving a tearful message from him urging Nan Yi not to come.

"Cute omega, care for a drink?"

Just as Nan Yi entered the bar, his path was blocked by a clearly sleazy-looking alpha. With a mocking expression and lewd eyes, the alpha blatantly sized him up from head to toe.

"Step aside."

Nan Yi spoke at a measured pace, his expression shifting immediately upon seeing the blond alpha.

"Such a temper; I have a soft spot for fiery spirits."

The blond alpha looked over to his lackeys with a smug expression.

Nan Yi's eyes constantly searched the chaotic scene. Spotting a familiar silhouette by the bar, he hurriedly bypassed the blond alpha and made his way through the crowd.

The blond-haired individual got bumped into and shot an irritated glare at the offender.

"Boss, the Omega has escaped."

"Damn it, taking liberties when given an inch. Where did he go?"

"I... I didn't see."

"Are you blind?!"

"Find him. If he's not dealt with by tonight, I'll lose face."

..................

Yin Feng, inebriated, was sprawled across the bar. He was so out of it that he didn't resist even when an alpha's hand reached towards his waist.

"What do you think you're doing?"

When angered, Nan Yi's speech became considerably faster.

The alpha, startled by Nan Yi's outcry, withdrew his hand.

"What are you trying to do to my friend?" Nan Yi demanded, his face stern and voice cold.

Some people from the side began to glance their way. The alpha, although begrudgingly aware that he was in the wrong, backed off sheepishly and disappeared into the crowd.

"Yi Yi? Didn't I tell you not to come?" Yin Feng looked up, his eyes red and swollen from crying.

"Let me help you outside."

"No, I want to drink. I feel so miserable." Yin Feng's voice quivered, his grip tight on Nan Yi's supporting hand, acting coy and stubborn.

"Let's leave here first. We can drink somewhere quieter."

"This bartender makes a good drink; I don't want any other."

Nan Yi's gaze met that of the handsome bartender.

"Bartender, another round."

As Yin Feng was unwilling to leave and Nan Yi struggled to persuade him, the bartender calmly interjected.

"If the guest prefers a quieter setting, we have private rooms upstairs. I can personally mix your drinks, but... the cost is on the higher side."

Nan Yi pondered, recalling that he just received his paycheck today. With two months of salary and his previous savings combined, he had less than 20,000. How could he afford a private room?