Chapter 84: Return to the Old Mansion

Returning to the old mansion, Nan Yi still felt a bit anxious.

He Siyi was cradled by He Yushen, with Alpha keeping a watchful eye on the infant the whole time.

Alpha wore a black turtleneck sweater, his eyes filled with an ever-present warmth.

Nan Yi, on the other hand, wore a matching white turtleneck. He initially thought that Alpha kept the attire a secret because it might be something extravagant or stunning. It turned out to be just a common couples' outfit.

Before heading to the old mansion.

Nan Yi thought it would be like last year at Ling Ran's birthday banquet, with a large crowd.

To their surprise, upon entering the ancestral home's living room, aside from He Zhan and Ling Ran, there was only the family of the little girl Ling Ran had held at his birthday banquet.

Nan Yi thought perhaps they were early, and others hadn't arrived yet.

"Ah! Handsome brother!"

The little lady in pink, previously standing in front of her omega father, looked astonished upon seeing Nan Yi enter.

Nan Yi remembered the little girl's name: Xiao Yin.

"It's not 'brother,' but 'sister-in-law,'" He Yu Shen corrected.

"I want to call him 'handsome brother.'" The little girl looked innocent, but she was quite defiant.

"Xiao Yin," the handsome male omega said with a hint of exasperation.

Nan Yi and He Yu Shen walked side by side into the living room. When He Yu Shen stopped in front of an empty seat, Nan Yi followed suit.

"Why are you two so early? Shen Shen, let me hold Xiao Si Yi," Ling Ran spoke as they approached.

Gently, He Yu Shen handed over the child, He Si Yi, into Ling Ran's embrace.

Xiao Yin, curious, moved closer to Ling Ran, her hands on the armrest of his chair, leaning her head towards him.

"Is she the little sister?"

"No, she isn't the little one, Xiao Yin. Our Xiao Siyi is younger than you by a generation," Ling Ran said softly with a light chuckle.

"Oh."

Hearing that she wasn't the little sister, Xiao Yin's face fell with disappointment. She ignored He Siyi and instead ran to Nan Yi.

"Xiao Yin," Nan Yi called out.

"Handsome big brother, your voice sounds so lovely."

The little girl stood right in front of Nan Yi, looking up at him with admiration.

Children's compliments are the purest. Nan Yi bent down to pick up Xiao Yin, wrapping her in his arms.

Holding an older child is less nerve-wracking. When He Siyi grows to be this big, would she cling to him as softly and affectionately as Xiao Yin does?

"Is this Yu Shen's child? When did this happen? How come I didn't know?"

An alpha, who resembled He Zhang but looked much younger, spoke.

"This gathering is precisely to introduce her to everyone."

He Zhang sat beside Ling Ran and playfully teased the little He Siyi in Ling Ran's arms.