Chapter 53: Love That Threatens to Burst the Heart

Nan Yi and He Yushen arrived at the villa in no time.

In the living room sat the same alpha they had just seen in the ward, seated on Nan Yi's favorite small sofa.

Seeing their return, Yun Luo was somewhat surprised, "You're back? Wasn't it meant to be another three or four days?"

"The doctor said there's no need for further hospitalization," replied He Yushen.

Yun Luo and He Yushen were of similar height, with Yun Luo being at most 2 centimeters shorter.

Standing beside them, Nan Yi looked rather petite.

Upon returning, Nan Yi immediately rushed into his room to work on his draft. As long as he didn't need to speak, it was all fine.

He remained there until dinner time.

Yet another bowl of rice porridge was served. Nan Yi stared at it with a rather expressionless face.

He Yushen and Yun Luo, on the other hand, enjoyed a sumptuous meal, the air filled with the aroma of meat.

Tonight, Nan Yi could finally enjoy a proper bath. After dinner, he headed early to the bathroom. The wardrobe now had some new winter designs, presumably from Liu Yue.

Picking a new pajama, Nan Yi entered the bathroom.

By the time He Yushen returned to the bedroom, Nan Yi was still bathing. He waited quite a while on the bed before the bathroom door finally opened.

Nan Yi emerged, his hair wet and not yet wrapped in a towel.

Setting his phone aside, he gestured, "Come here."

Nan Yi obediently moved closer to him.

He Yushen began to dry Nan Yi's hair, his motions gentle and the blow dryer set to a medium intensity.

Nan Yi wanted to confess his feelings.

Maybe it was the warmth from the blow dryer that stirred emotions, or perhaps it was the tenderness of the alpha.

A sudden, uncontrollable urge to express his heart arose.

He feared someone else might win over He Yushen, yet he also feared that He Yushen might not feel the same about him.

A surge of emotions, begging to be poured out, consumed him.

"All done, turn around."

The alpha behind him spoke. Every fiber of his being screamed out, confessing his affection for him.

Lost in thought, Nan Yi turned around in a daze.

"Let me check your throat... Why is your face so flushed?"

The speaker paused, slightly taken aback.

"Are you feeling unwell?" His tone grew more serious, and he even lifted Nan Yi from the stool onto his lap.

"Open your mouth; let me see."

Nan Yi complied, but his gaze never left He Yushen's face.

Seeing He Yushen's concern, he wondered if he should take a chance.

"Everything looks fine. Does it hurt?" He Yushen inquired further.

Nan Yi shook his head, pointing to his phone on the bedside table.