Chapter 83: The Pretend Sleep of Yi Yi.

The voice of the Omega seemed like a sweet elixir, several times sweeter than the scent of cotton candy pheromones.

He Yu Shen felt his heart race in an instant, almost pounding out of his chest, uncontrollably.

He silenced the mesmerizing lips with a deep kiss, sampling and savoring until Nan Yi's breathing grew ragged.

Nan Yi finally managed to catch a breath of fresh air.

The alpha then buried his head once again below his collarbone.

"The doctor advised massaging it to alleviate the pain. Let me take you upstairs."

Nan Yi: ................

"I don't want to."

"Does it hurt? Alright, I'll massage it for you right away."

He Yu Shen stood up, effortlessly carrying Nan Yi upstairs.

Fearing a fall, Nan Yi blushed and clung tightly to his neck.

A warm orange hue settled on the window sill, the dusk deepening and the glow slowly fading.

The night brought a change in weather with rising winds and a heavy haze.

The pale green and white curtains fluttered gently due to a draft from a slightly open window.

Enveloped by the warm alpha, Nan Yi felt so cozy that he drifted into a daze, the chill from outside seeming distant and unrelated.

Nan Yi slept deeply, not waking until noon the next day.

Upon waking, he realized Xiao Bao was not in the room.

The child must've been taken downstairs by the housekeeper. Slowly getting up and freshening up, Nan Yi donned a fluffy, thick pajama before descending the stairs.

The house was warm thanks to the heating, but he wore the pajamas to deter a certain amorous alpha from biting him like he did the day before.

Nan Yi had been quite pleased with his clever precaution, but he had overestimated He Yu Shen.

The alpha was just as affectionate when he returned home in the evening.

Thankfully, He Yu Shen was relatively well-behaved that night.

Sadly, that decorum didn't last long, it was more of a two days on, one day off pattern.

This continued for almost half a month.

"He Yu Shen! I want separate rooms!"

The alpha returning from work tonight found himself blocked at the entrance, with Nan Yi holding He Si Yin as leverage.

With furrowed brows and a pouting mouth, the indignant Omega looked irresistibly adorable.

He Yu Shen paused at the living room entrance, a slight smile playing on his lips as he locked eyes with the figure in the doorway.

"Which room do you want then?"

"What?"

"I... I'll take the last room on the right hallway."

"Alright." He Yu Shen agreed without a second thought.

Nan Yi: ..................

He mustn't love me anymore. That has to be it.