Chapter 35: A Sudden Tenderness

His thoughts were momentarily disrupted by the message. By the time he regained his composure, the car was already parked in the garage.

Anxious feelings came belatedly. With He Yu Shen absent, Nan Yi wondered how he'd go in on his own.

He wasn't sure why He Yu Shen had brought him here in the first place.

Pondering this, he eventually exited the car and noticed a black Maybach parked nearby. Recognizing the license plate, he realized it was He Yu Shen's vehicle.

Nan Yi breathed a sigh of relief, thankful He Yu Shen had already arrived.

"Mr. Nan."

A familiar voice emanated from behind him. Turning, he saw Song Jing's father.

Nan Yi gestured in greeting.

"Please, follow me. Young Master He is already inside."

Following the housekeeper, Nan Yi passed a landscaped rockery in the villa's front courtyard, walked past a fish pond and gazebo, before finally entering the residence.

"Mr. Nan has arrived."

The housekeeper announced his arrival as they reached the door.

"Come in."

An authoritative voice beckoned from within.

The Alpha leaning forward on his chair glanced at Nan Yi but promptly turned his attention back to Ling Ran, who sat in a wheelchair in front of him.

Nan Yi was slightly taken aback.

He remembered that just over a month ago, Ling Ran's legs were fine. How did he suddenly end up in a wheelchair?

"Come in."

Ling Ran spoke first.

Feeling lost, Nan Yi approached and stood not far from He Yu Shen, staring blankly at the two of them.

The Alpha squatting in front of Ling Ran and smiling softly was someone Nan Yi hadn't seen before – a genuinely happy He Yu Shen.

"You must be Shen Shen's Omega, right?"

Ling Ran gently looked up at Nan Yi, "Take a seat; you must be tired standing."

Nan Yi hesitated, wondering whether to admit to what Ling Ran had asked.

Somewhat dazed, he sat down and glanced uneasily at the squatting Alpha.

"Such a charming Omega. Shen Shen, you must cherish him."

Ling Ran, sitting, tenderly stroked He Yu Shen's head. With a tone as gentle as a father guiding a child, every word startled Nan Yi.

He dared not hope that the tiger would be gentle with him.

"Of course, I won't be like someone else; I'll naturally treat him well," He Yu Shen said.

Ling Ran paused slightly, then affectionately ruffled his hair.

"Oh, you," Ling Ran said with a hint of exasperation.

Lost in thought, Nan Yi listened to their conversation. Was He Yu Shen referring to He Zhang?

"A father obsessed with money, and a subpar Omega. Even if you weren't satisfied with the ones I've chosen for you, you shouldn't have sunk this low in your standards."

He Zhang, who had entered from outside, cast a disdainful glance at Nan Yi.

"He's fine for a fling, but don't include him in the He family genealogy," He Zhang continued.