Chapter 97: The Relationship Between Nan Zhi and Lin Qiu

Chapter 97: The Relationship Between Nan Zhi and Lin Qiu

"Er... I... I wanted to check on the condition of your young alpha."

Out of respect for the doctor's profession, Nan Zhi didn't express any suspicion towards Hu Wen and instead began explaining the changes in the young alpha's condition.

"Jian Jian has been coughing much less recently and isn't refusing food anymore. Dr. Liu said after a couple more days of observation, he should be ready to be discharged."

Nan Zhi's eyes were soft, and his tone filled with relief.

"What's the diagnosis?"

Hu Wen blurted out the question, immediately regretting it.

As expected, Nan Zhi on the bed slightly furrowed his brows, hesitating for a few seconds before continuing:

"Jian Jian was hospitalized for pneumonia. It's normal for a doctor with so many patients to forget sometimes."

Although it was the first time meeting this doctor, he had an ID badge on his clothing, but he wasn't a pediatrician.

"Why is Dr. Hu in the pediatrics department?" Nan Zhi asked.

Dr. Hu's pupils constricted in surprise, "How did you know my last name is Hu?"

A hint of pride colored Dr. Hu's eyes. He was quite handsome, well-known in the hospital, highly accomplished at a young age, and his photo even hung in the corridor. It was only natural that the person in front of him recognized him.

Nan Zhi pointed out, "Your ID badge is on your clothing."

"Haha... right, the ID badge on my clothing."

Dr. Hu looked slightly embarrassed as he glanced down at the name on his badge.

"Do you have anything else, Doctor?" Nan Zhi asked with an expressionless face.

Unable to find an excuse to stay longer, Dr. Hu exited the room somewhat awkwardly.

Even though he knew Nan Zhi would be hospitalized and not leave the hospital anytime soon, Dr. Hu still waited in the corridor without leaving.

Not long after, He Yu Shen's call came through.

Dr. Hu provided him with the specific room number.

"What are you doing here? Let's go eat." Liu, a colleague, happened to pass by.

"You go ahead, I'm not hungry right now."

"What's so important that you're skipping meals?"

"Something came up."

"Alright then."

Just as Liu left, He Yu Shen approached from a distance.

He Yu Shen walked straight into the room, and Dr. Hu curiously followed him.

Nan Zhi, who was handing a drawing book to the young Alpha on the bed, looked up in slight surprise at He Yu Shen's arrival but wasn't overly shocked.

"I thought Nan Yi would come to see me first. Where's Nan Yi? I want to see him."

Nan Zhi gently placed the drawing book into the arms of the young Alpha on the bed, sitting beside him and gazing tenderly as the child flipped through the pages.

He Yu Shen's gaze settled on the young Alpha, who bore a striking resemblance to Yun Luo and young Lin Qiu Wu. A slight frown appeared on his face as he coldly remarked, "How much for the house? Or do you have any other requests?"