Chapter 21: Buying a New Phone

He pulled his hand back slightly, but still clutched onto his clothes. His expression darkened a bit.

Clearly fearful of him, yet stubbornly insisting that he have breakfast.

Recalling the faint comforting pheromones in the room when he woke up, He Yue Shen strode toward the dining table with a furrowed brow.

Nan Yi's hand was shaken off by him.

Sitting down, he eyed the simple breakfast with a frown: a bowl of plain porridge, a fried egg, and a sausage.

He Yue Shen: "Did you make this?"

It was completely different from his usual breakfast. Even the color of the fried egg seemed a tad too dark.

Following closely behind him, Nan Yi nodded, rubbing his hands together nervously.

He Yue Shen stared at the slightly cooled bowl of porridge for a while, and eventually began to drink it slowly.

"Where did he go?"

The man midway through his meal set down his bowl, responding coldly without lifting his head.

Nan Yi paused for a moment, then realized he was probably asking about the butler.

His rising hand hesitated and then made a simple gesture, crossing two fingers in a walking motion and pointing outside the main door.

He Yue Shen's expression remained unchanged, though his chopsticks, poised to pick up a fried egg, paused momentarily.

For the remaining time, He Yue Shen quietly continued his breakfast.

"I'll go out later to buy a phone, to replace yours."

Before leaving, He Yue Shen tossed a card in front of Nan Yi.

Nan Yi stared intently at the card on the table.

"Don't flirt with other alphas."

Leaving behind those words, He Yue Shen swiftly exited, leaving Nan Yi standing alone in the living room.

There's a strange feeling, almost as if he's been taken under someone's wing.

Nan Yi kept his gaze fixed on the card for a long time.

In the end, he took the card and left the house. After all, his phone was broken, and he needed to buy a new one.

Moreover, it was He Yue Shen who had smashed it, so it felt right to use He Yue Shen's money for a replacement.

Nan Yi bought a phone that cost around three to four thousand, roughly the same price as his old one, making sure not to overspend from He Yue Shen's account.

Happily fiddling with his new phone, he first changed the wallpaper, then logged into WeChat - which he rarely used - and downloaded a comic-reading app.

He was so engrossed, head lowered, that he failed to notice the person approaching him.

Only when a pair of polished leather shoes appeared in his line of sight did Nan Yi look up, locking eyes with a pair of captivating almond-shaped eyes.

Nan Yi's pupils contracted: it was Dr. Bai.

Beside Bai Shan Yao stood a lovely little omega, whose hand was intimately wrapped around Bai Shan Yao's.

Upon seeing Nan Yi, Bai Shan Yao's initially furrowed brow gave way to a hint of unexpected joy.

Bai Shan Yao: "I spotted you from a distance. Why didn't you tell me you were coming out?"