Chapter 18: The Father of He Yu Shen

Nan Yi stood in front of him, as if punished to remain still, not daring to move.

After a few seconds, He Yu Shen spoke again, "Do you know who those two were?"

Nan Yi shook his head.

He Yu Shen clicked his tongue in dissatisfaction.

"Next time, don't bring back flowers you couldn't deliver," He Yu Shen suddenly stood up, snatching the phone from Nan Yi's hand.

After a brief pause, he said with a slightly raspy voice, "In the future, refrain from gifting flowers recklessly."

The towering figure nearly overshadowed the fragile omega.

Nan Yi gently nodded in agreement.

He Yu Shen yanked him by the shoulder; it was still rough, but noticeably gentler.

He commanded coldly, "Come downstairs for dinner."

Nan Yi was forcefully pulled upstairs by him and then dragged out the room. As they left the bedroom, they bumped into Ling Ran, who was about to knock on the door.

The hand holding him was abruptly let go.

The man at the door seemed taken aback, "I came to call you both for dinner."

The butler wouldn't have sent him up just to invite them for dinner. He Yu Shen didn't call out his clumsy excuse, simply murmuring an acknowledgment.

He Yu Shen took the lead and went downstairs, leaving the two in a somewhat awkward situation.

Ling Ran cleared his throat, "Let's go down for dinner."

As Nan Yi followed the omega downstairs, the butler enthusiastically greeted them.

"Madam! Mr. Nan!"
The title from the butler made Nan Yi pause. The person beside him was being addressed as 'Madam'?

During dinner, Nan Yi discreetly observed the omega addressed as 'Madam'. Despite meticulous grooming, the wrinkles at the corners of his eyes were evident.

Not exactly young, and upon closer inspection, those attractive eyes bore some resemblance to He Yu Shen's.

But Nan Yi remembered, on the day he was to replace his younger brother and marry into the He family, Nan Zhai Min mentioned that He Yu Shen's stepfather was actually surnamed Liu.

Moreover, the photos didn't match the omega in front of him.

But the more they looked, the more striking their resemblance...

When Nan Yi pondered, his reactions always seemed delayed.

Eating was always a slow process for him, now it felt akin to a snail's pace.

Song Jing: "Uncle Ling, try this; it's delicious."

Song Jing continued his usual routine of dining with the group, actively serving dishes to Ling Ran beside him throughout the meal.

Ling Ran: "That's enough, Little Jing, you're so thoughtful."

Out of curiosity, Ling Ran inquired, "How old are you this year, Little Jing?"

Song Jing: "I'm already nineteen, Uncle Ling."

Ling Ran: "Already an adult, huh? When I was your age, Shen Shen was only two."

Ling Ran and Song Jing kept up their conversation, with Ling Ran occasionally bursting into light laughter.

It was evident he took a liking to Song Jing's sweet and obedient nature.