Chapter 58: Never Forget Who Your Alpha Is

Why does everyone keep discouraging him, reminding him that He Yushen will never be his?

Nan Yi knew he wasn't worthy of He Yushen. Even his closeness and affection for him were born out of an accident.

Yet, he'd rather believe it's destiny, that it's a stroke of good luck.

"Nan Yi, why not consider me?"

Seeing the melancholy in Nan Yi's eyes, Yin Lu suddenly yearned to care for and cherish the omega before him.

Perhaps the inexplicable fondness he felt upon their first meeting predestined his feelings for him.

"Stop teasing me; I already have an alpha."

"Xiao Wang is here. You should leave soon too."

Throughout the conversation, Nan Yi kept his head lowered. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Xiao Wang's car parked nearby, making him eager to leave.

As Nan Yi turned to leave, his hand was gently grasped by another's – the warm and broad palm of an alpha, holding onto his slightly cold hand.

"Nan Yi, think about it. Consider me."

Forced to turn around, Nan Yi's eyes met a pair that were deep and filled with emotion.

It had been a while since anyone had confessed to Nan Yi, or looked at him with such intense feelings. Caught in this unexpected gaze, Nan Yi momentarily froze, then looked away, feeling somewhat flustered.

"You... let go of me first."

As the two were caught up in their interaction, they failed to notice several individuals emerging from the main entrance.

Leading the group was an alpha, dressed in a black suit and matching overcoat. As he stepped out, his eyes immediately landed on the two figures not far off.

The familiar silhouette, build, the youthful fair skin, the smooth side profile, and that coat he had seen hanging in the closet this morning.

Instantly, the alpha's eyes turned cold, his gaze focusing intently on the point where their skins touched.

The chatter of those around him became background noise as his pace quickened.

"What are you two doing?"

Rage evident in the alpha's eyes, before the two could react, he pulled the petite omega closer to him.

Pain radiated from Nan Yi's wrist; the grip felt as if it intended to crush his bones.

From the voice, Nan Yi immediately recognized He Yushen. Looking up in surprise, he met a pair of furious eyes.

Hesitantly, Nan Yi asked, "Why are you here?"

He Yushen's surprise at seeing the bruise on Nan Yi's face was quickly overshadowed by his anger.

His eyes, dark and chilling, stared down at Nan Yi, his voice dripping with sarcasm.

"Why am I here? Didn't expect to see me, or did I interrupt something?"

Nan Yi stood there, stunned and disbelieving.

The previously overlooked Yin Lu frowned, "Your first concern should be why he's injured, not making baseless assumptions."

"Who do you think you are, intervening in our matters?"

The two alphas squared off, the surrounding atmosphere growing noticeably colder.

Yin Lu coldly glanced at the reddened wrist held by He Yushen, his tone even more icy, "Is this how you treat a delicate omega?"