Chapter 9: He Is My Alpha

After He Yu Shen's words, the omega below seemed to not register them, only staring with teary eyes.

The pitiable omega made He Yu Shen's gaze turn cloudy. Drawn to those rosy lips, he leaned down.

Panicking, Nan Yi turned his head away in fear.

He Yu Shen paused, his eyes clearing, before he frowned, stood up, and exited the room.

Startled, Nan Yi sat up as the door slammed shut with a bang.

After sitting in a daze for a while, Nan Yi crawled under the covers, clutching his head. The lingering scent of the alpha on the sheets gave him an inexplicable sense of comfort.

That night, He Yu Shen didn't return to the bedroom.

It was only in the morning, upon noticing the uncreased pillow beside him, that Nan Yi realized he had been alone.

Newly awake, he stared at the ceiling for a while, once again acknowledging he was in an unfamiliar place.

After freshening up, he descended the stairs to find Song Jing seated at the dining table, enjoying breakfast.

The foot he'd injured the previous night was bandaged, clearly visible against the backdrop of his shorts-clad, long, pale legs. The additional bandages were impossible to miss.

Nan Yi felt no guilt. He cast a fleeting glance before continuing to the table to have his breakfast.

Song Jing snorted coldly upon seeing him.

Nan Yi ignored him.

"Must be tough being your brother, having his marriage stolen by an inferior omega like you," Song Jing remarked sarcastically, looking across the table.

Nan Yi continued to eat in silence.

"Seems like your brother wasn't destined for greatness after all."

"And you?" Song Jing sneered at Nan Yi.

"Had you not enticed him with your pheromones and had he not been in a vulnerable state, why would he ever mark an inferior omega like you?"

Nan Yi looked up, giving Song Jing a cold glance.

Despite Song Jing's constant jibes about him being an inferior omega, Nan Yi had long stopped caring. He'd faced countless injustices growing up due to this label, so he treated Song Jing's remarks as white noise.

After finishing his meal, he got up and headed out without a word.

Song Jing, who had been recovering for about a week, took every chance he got (when the butler wasn't around) to mock Nan Yi.

He Yu Shen hadn't returned either, perhaps due to work or maybe because he'd taken up with another omega.

Nan Yi's days in the mansion revolved around eating and sleeping, almost making him feel trapped and stagnant.

That day, as Song Jing finally went to school after removing his foot bandage, Nan Yi watched him leave with a hint of envy.

Since being forced to replace his brother, he'd only managed half a term in college before being pulled out by Nan Zhai Min, which was always a point of regret for him.

After watching Song Jing drive away, Nan Yi turned back, feeling dejected.

By noon, he left the mansion and hired the same driver from before.