Chapter 90: The Little One Catches a Cold

Chapter 90: The Little One Catches a Cold

As he passed the garden, Nan Yi instinctively glanced towards where he had last seen Nan Zhi, but there was no one there now.

Once he hurried back into the living room, he immediately set about boiling water, intending to give Nan Siyi the medicine.

The butler had returned and, noticing his distress, asked softly, "What happened to the young master?"

"The little one has caught a cold; I'm preparing warm water to administer his medicine." Nan Yi poured the already boiled water into a clean bottle.

"Sir, the child should drink formula milk before taking the medicine. Their digestive systems are delicate; giving medicine directly might irritate it."

The butler quickly took the bottle from Nan Yi's hand.

"I'll prepare the formula. Please hold the young master."

"Thank you for your help."

Trusting the butler, Nan Yi swiftly returned to the couch and cradled He Siyi in his arms.

The discomforted little omega, with a wrinkled face, seemed about to burst into tears. He whimpered but went silent upon seeing Nan Yi.

"Sweetie, I'm so sorry. It's all Daddy's fault."

Nan Yi was overwhelmed with guilt, blaming himself for He Siyi's cold.

He held the little one close, remorse evident on his face, and rocked him gently.

"Sir, the weather in early spring is naturally cold. Many children have caught colds recently; it's not your fault."

With a neutral tone, yet full of reassurance, the butler placed the prepared formula in front of Nan Yi.

"If I hadn't been so carefree, taking him out to enjoy the breeze, he wouldn't have caught a cold."

This time, the butler remained silent, standing by discreetly.

After handing over the warm water and preparing the medicine, they waited until Nan Yi had fed He Siyi and lulled him to sleep before quietly turning to their own affairs.

Holding He Siyi, Nan Yi kept glancing at the clock, anticipating He Yushen's return from work.

The moment the time came, he dialed He Yushen's number without a second's delay.

"Hello, can't wait any longer? We're already on our way back."

"He Yushen."

Nan Yi had barely uttered the name before his emotions welled up, tears shimmering in his eyes.

With a tremor in his omega voice, He Yushen's tone deepened, "What happened? Who upset you?"

"No one, it's just that the little one has caught a cold."

"Don't panic. I'll be right home, and we'll take him to the hospital."

"I've already taken him. The doctor said he's fine." Nan Yi's voice grew steadier, his emotions in check.

"You're amazing, love. Taking our little one to the hospital all by yourself. I'm on my way to be with you both."

The alpha's gentle, non-blaming tone reassured Nan Yi over the phone.

"Alright, come back soon."

"Understood, my little charmer. For now, do pacify our little one."