Chapter 95: Never Keep Matters Bottled Up

No sooner had Nanyi's words left his lips than He Yushen walked in from outside.

The displeased crease on the omega's forehead turned to surprise the moment his gaze landed on the alpha.

Approaching from the entrance, the alpha held in one hand a lavish bouquet of vibrant red roses and in the other, an elegantly designed bag that appeared to contain meal boxes.

He first placed the bag on the table, then presented the bouquet to Nanyi, the rich scent of roses immediately filling the air.

"Hoping these roses might appease my lovely omega," the alpha said with a playful chuckle.

"Hmph, I'll forgive you just this once."

As Xiaobao was taken from him, Nanyi clutched the bouquet—larger even than himself—and smiled more radiantly than the vibrant roses.

"He Yushen, what prompted you to buy me flowers?" Nanyi's tone was notably sweeter when pleased, as if he was playfully whining.

He Yushen, holding Xiaobao, seated himself next to him, taking in with satisfaction Nanyi's gleeful expression.

"Last night, a certain lovely omega waited for me far too long; these are to make amends."

"I wasn't really... that upset."

Nanyi spoke in a softer tone, a hint of shyness evident.

"It smells so good!"

Nanyi blissfully held the bouquet for quite some time before noticing the aromatic scent emanating from the bag on the table.

The spicy aroma instantly roused the hunger in him.

Nanyi was curious about what delectable treat He Yushen had bought. Yet, reluctant to put down the flowers, he turned with shimmering expectant eyes, looking at He Yushen.

"He Yushen, I want to eat," he said, drawing out the last word in a genuine act of coquettishness.

The elongated, syrupy end of his plea nearly shattered the alpha's restraint: "Call me 'hubby', and I'll feed you."

Nanyi shot a bashful and slightly indignant glance at He Yushen. The look, imbued with both coyness and frustration, only deepened the desire in the alpha's eyes, making no attempt to hide it.

"Fine! If you won't help..."

With a fleeting gaze, Nanyi placed the bouquet beside him on the couch.

"If you want something done right, do it yourself," he muttered as he began to unpack the bag.

Spreading out the two square boxes inside, he found his favorite spicy diced chicken and another box filled with spicy crayfish.

These spicy dishes, which He Yushen never touched, were specially brought for him.

"He Yushen, you're the best."

"Then call me 'hubby'."

"No."

"Let's pretend you did. I'll peel the crayfish for you."

"Okay."

Nanyi relished the food He Yushen fed him. By the time he had his fill, He Yushen's dinner was just served, ending with the two of them sharing a bowl of black chicken soup.

The twilight deepened, a breeze rustled outside, carrying with it the whispering sound of leaves.

Having slept so much during the day, the two felt no drowsiness as they headed upstairs. Only little Xiaobao lay soundly asleep in his crib.