Chapter 12: The Banquet

He Yu Shen said, "Mr. Ye, the main guest today is Uncle Yan. Perhaps the younger generation should go in and pay their respects to the elder first."

Still with a tone flat and cold, Nan Yi could see from He Yu Shen's eyes that he was growing quite impatient.

The man addressed as Mr. Ye looked embarrassed and quickly said in a sycophantic manner, "I was so engrossed in our conversation, Master He, that I forgot the main purpose of our gathering. How forgetful of me."

"After you, Master He."

He Yu Shen gave a polite nod, bypassed the man, and entered. Song Jing naturally wrapped her arm around his, while Nan Yi quickly followed them into the hotel.

As they walked, many curious eyes fell upon them.

Upon entering, they were greeted by a grand banquet hall, illuminated by brilliant lights, filled with melodious music and the scent of wine. Everyone inside was dressed in lavish gowns, exchanging conversations with elegance and harmony.

He Yu Shen and Song Jing were quickly surrounded by many upon their arrival. Nan Yi, already some distance from the duo, could only watch from afar as He Yu Shen conversed with people, his face expressionless.

However, this didn't last long as He Yu Shen and Song Jing were soon escorted by Yan An to the banquet's host, Yan An's father.

Nan Yi found a quiet corner away from the bustling crowd, feeling distinctly out of place amidst the chattering guests.

Besides the ever-present glasses of wine, there were numerous cakes and desserts. Nan Yi's mouth watered as he eyed a cake on a nearby table.

After some hesitation, seeing that no one was at one of the round tables, Nan Yi mustered the courage to approach it.

After conversing with Yan An's father for quite some time, He Yu Shen appeared to remember something, his brow furrowed as he scanned the room.

"Is Master He looking for someone?"

He Yu Shen's gaze settled on a figure in a distant corner, gingerly picking up a piece of cake. A faint smile tugged at the corner of his lips.

Turning his attention back to the man who spoke, He Yu Shen lifted his glass slightly and replied evenly, "No."

Alone at the table, after taking a bite of the cake, Nan Yi's eyes lit up.

The sweet but not overly rich, soft and fragrant cake lifted his spirits.

Even the slight dizziness from car sickness seemed to be cured by this small piece of cake.

Having finished one piece, he couldn't help but lick his lips.

Maybe he should have another.

After all, no one else was eating them, and they'd just be thrown away after the banquet.

Nan Yi looked at the table he had just approached, an area dimly lit and void of any chattering guests.

Rubbing his hands together, he once again approached that spot, quickly grabbing another mini cake before swiftly returning to his secluded corner by the pillar.

"Hmm."

He Yu Shen occasionally cast his eyes on the nearby Omega. Seeing the young one nibble on a cake, plate still full, a light chuckle formed at the corners of his mouth, reminiscent of watching a greedy kitten.