Chapter 16: A Beautiful Misunderstanding

Sitting opposite him was a man exuding both aloofness and gentleness—an omega.

Upon seeing Nan Yi, the man was momentarily taken aback.

The man gave Nan Yi a gentle nod, to which Nan Yi responded with a polite smile.

The man let out a soft chuckle. When he smiled, a small canine tooth peeked out, and there were slight wrinkles by his eyes, giving him a blend of warmth and cuteness.

He Yu Shen, with his back turned, glanced over and slightly furrowed his handsome brows upon seeing Nan Yi.

There stood Nan Yi, clutching a bouquet, looking awkwardly frozen.

He Yu Shen: "Did you go out to buy flowers?"

Nan Yi nodded faintly in response.

With a hint of a frown, He Yu Shen continued, "Learning to appease, I see. Knew I was coming back and bought flowers especially."

Nan Yi: ...!?

"But I don't like white roses. Next time, don't buy any bouquets with them."

After saying this, He Yu Shen reached out his hand towards Nan Yi.

Nan Yi looked at him, somewhat bewildered, struggling to follow He Yu Shen's train of thought.

Seeing no reaction from him, He Yu Shen clicked his tongue in mild annoyance.

"Go to your room."

Nan Yi's movement towards the stairs was one of pure befuddlement.

He felt piercing gazes on his back, and he tried hard to control his stiff steps, quickly making his way upstairs.

"You've grown up, even have an omega now."

"Quite a cute little omega."

After Nan Yi went upstairs, the man remarked with a gentle smile.

He Yu Shen snorted lightly: "A cunning and inferior omega."

"If he's playing games for you, it means he cares. If it's just to gain attention, indulge him."

He Yu Shen paused briefly, not responding to the man's remark, but instead inquired, "Will you be leaving again after this visit?"

The man shook his head, "No, I won't."

He Yu Shen: "When will you meet him?"

Silence engulfed the living room for a few seconds before the man finally spoke, "I'm a bit tired, didn't sleep well last night."

His face showed signs of fatigue, and his voice softened considerably.

After hearing this, He Yu Shen stood up, "Let me take you to your room to rest."

The tension within Nan Yi eased only after he returned to his room, clutching the flowers.

Seated on the spacious bed, he gazed absently at the bouquet in his hand.

Did He Yu Shen think he bought the flowers to appease him?

Seeing the figure on the bed lost in thought, holding the bouquet, He Yu Shen's motion to open the door halted, and his usually stern face relaxed a bit.

As he stepped in, the individual on the bed looked up, alerted by his footsteps.

Holding the bouquet, Nan Yi was at a loss for words. He didn't want to deceive but feared angering He Yu Shen.