Chapter 75: Childhood of Yun Luo

Chapter 75: Childhood of Yun Luo

Nan Yi, guided by He Yu Shen, slowly headed towards the car parked outside the hospital.

"He Yu Shen, what did you tell Nan Zhi?"

"Nothing in particular, watch your step."

Clearly, He Yu Shen wasn't keen on discussing what transpired between them.

The less He Yu Shen divulged, the more Nan Yi yearned to know.

She understood Nan Zhi's temperament best; he might tarnish her reputation given the chance.

Even if she knew how much He Yu Shen cherished her, she didn't want any misunderstandings.

Once in the car, she leaned on the alpha's shoulder and said calmly, "He Yu Shen, whatever Nan Zhi said earlier isn't true."

"He disappeared on his own. I was compelled to be his substitute bride, but I don't regret that decision."

"Why?" asked He Yu Shen.

"Because I met you. In a way, I'm thankful Nan Zhi vanished; otherwise, how would I have ever encountered you?"

"Why think so much? Simply enjoy the affection I offer."

He Yu Shen planted a gentle kiss on Nan Yi's lips, extending an arm to pull her close.

Nan Yi realized that in front of someone who genuinely cares about her, the truth might not be as crucial.

The car indeed stopped in the same neighborhood they had visited with Yun Luo previously.

Unable to park directly in front of the villa, the two walked hand-in-hand, as if they were leisurely strolling after lunch, and entered the house together.

Nan Yi had assumed that due to their hasty move, there wouldn't be many items inside.

But she was taken aback upon entering.

On the living room's small sofa lay the frog plush toy that had been at the villa that morning.

The house was significantly smaller than He Yu Shen's mountainside villa, but to Nan Yi, the reduced space felt cozier.

Curiosity always reigns in a new place.

She explored all three levels of the small villa, revisiting each room several times.

Her dedicated drawing workspace was situated beside the bedroom, which was also on the second floor.

Her favorite spot was the second-floor balcony.

It was adorned with numerous plants and even had a tea area.

"Is this place set up for Uncle Ling?" asked Nan Yi.

He Yu Shen, who had been accompanying her all along, chuckled, replying with an unrelated comment, "You've gotten used to calling him that, haven't you?"

"Don't tease me..."

The amusement in He Yu Shen's eyes deepened. "Alright, let's visit Yun Luo. He asked about you yesterday. Let's see how he's settling in."

Nan Yi nodded. "Okay."

The alpha, holding the hand of the slowly pacing omega, once again descended the stairs, walking toward the house located a few meters away, as if on another leisure stroll.

The flowers blooming beside the cobblestones were radiant, yet they paled in comparison to the omega's delicate beauty.

Especially her naturally rosy cheeks; the plumper-looking omega seemed so tempting, one might want to take a bite.