Chapter 22: Waiting Just for Him

Bai Shan Yao seemed engrossed in a conversation, his expression growing more somber.

His beautiful features slightly furrowed, hinting at impatience.

Nan Yi scooped up and munched on the nut fragments in his bubble tea. While he had consumed over half of his drink, Bai Shan Yao's cup remained untouched.

After a while, with Nan Yi's drink almost finished, Bai Shan Yao finally looked up with a gloomy face.

Nan Yi paused, unaccustomed to seeing such an expression on the usually gentle Bai Shan Yao.

Meeting Nan Yi's gaze, Bai Shan Yao seemed to momentarily forget his company. The shadow on his face flickered and vanished.

He looked at Nan Yi with a hint of regret, "I shouldn't have neglected an omega in my presence."

Nan Yi shook his head gently.

Bai Shan Yao glanced at the empty bubble tea cup, softly asking, "Would you like another?"

Again, Nan Yi shook his head.

[So full.]

Bai Shanyao: "Such a small appetite, satisfied with just a sip of a drink. So easy to please."

Nan Yi was typing a message. As he was about to send it, Bai Shanyao's phone rang.

Bai Shanyao answered with a furrowed brow. Nan Yi placed his phone face down on the table, the message "You're just joking, Brother Bai" remained unsent.

Bai Shanyao: "I don't like him."

Bai Shanyao, with a stern face, answered the call. The person on the other end seemed to irritate him, making his tone cold.

"You only care about benefits. Have you ever cared about what I like?"

"Enough!"

Nan Yi felt awkward, as if sitting on pins and needles. He quickly looked down and fiddled with his phone, pretending to be occupied.

"That's your problem!"

After hanging up, a frustrated Bai Shanyao pinched the bridge of his nose, taking off his glasses.

Bai Shanyao, looking at a somewhat bewildered Nan Yi, sighed, "You've seen a side of me I'm not proud of. Will you still call me 'Brother Bai'?" He said with a hint of self-mockery.

Nan Yi quickly typed in response: [Why not? Everyone has their off days.]

[Even constant gentleness can be tiring.]

Bai Shanyao paused for a moment.

He had just tried to lighten the mood with a jest, but the man in front of him responded so earnestly.

Although he has a pair of indifferent eyes, the pupils are so pure, drawing people in like stars.

Initially, he had invited him for a drink out of courtesy, since he'd helped him.

The choice of milk tea was merely because omegas generally prefer sweet things. The reason they chose this particular shop was its proximity, without any intention of specifically selecting it.

Bai Shanyao is accustomed to dealing with people with a smile, but today, he felt fortunate to have sat here with someone as sincere and pure as Nan Yi.

Bai Shanyao stared deeply into Nan Yi's eyes, murmuring, "Mr. Nan really is gentle."

Complimented, Nan Yi felt slightly embarrassed, his cheeks turning a shade of red.