Chapter 118: Lin Yunjian is Taken Away

Nan Zhi always yearned for a quiet life, but it never seemed to go as planned.

Since the onset of winter, the ground was often damp and muddy. Corners of sidewalks that nobody cleaned were littered with decaying, yellow leaves.

The distant trash bin was overflowing, with a black garbage bag lying next to it, discarded by some unknown individual.

Just another ordinary day.

As dusk deepened, a misty drizzle blanketed the entire city.

When four or five luxury cars pulled up outside, Nan Zhi was inside, engrossed in an animated film with Lin Yunjian.

Over a dozen men in black suits began approaching Nan Zhi's house.

Oblivious to it all, Nan Zhi was daydreaming about enjoying a warm bath with his little "crybaby" that evening.

The door to the living room swung open from the outside. Nan Zhi, startled, turned to look, only for his body to freeze in shock.

At the center of the crowd stood a woman all too familiar to Nan Zhi, Xu Lan, Lin Qiuwu's mother.

Yet, in this lifetime, Nan Zhi hadn't met the woman before him. How did she find this place?

Xu Lan's discerning gaze swept over Nan Zhi for a few seconds before finally settling on Lin Yunjian. "So this is Qiuwu's little alpha. He looks exactly like Qiuwu did as a child."

Dressed in a vibrant red coat, she removed a pair of sunglasses that seemed oddly out of place at night.

"Why did you..."

"How did I find out? Keeping Qiuwu's little alpha hidden, planning to elevate your status using this little one – such a vulgar scheme."

"Take him."

As soon as Xu Lan's words left her lips, several uniformed men advanced towards Nan Zhi.

"You have no right to take Yunjian away!"

Even the most oblivious would now understand the reason for Xu Lan's sudden appearance.

"Let go!" Nan Zhi roared in desperation.

The men moved swiftly, roughly taking a bewildered Lin Yunjian from Nan Zhi's embrace.

As Nan Zhi clutched the boy's hand, Lin Yunjian's previously innocent eyes now glared angrily at the men before him.

"Daddy! Waaah.. Daddy."

"Release him! Lay a hand on him and I'll call the police!"

Nan Zhi's eyes blazed with fury. The rising and falling of his chest signaled his distress, and Lin Yunjian's cries tore at his heart.

How did Xu Lan come to know of Lin Yunjian's existence? Did Lin Qiuwu inform her?

If she's here, it must be on Lin Qiuwu's orders.

"Madam?" The man holding Lin Yunjian hesitated, glancing back.

"Take him."

"Daddy... Yunjian's scared... bad people... Dad... sob sob sob."

The little alpha was naturally timid, and now terrified and wronged, he even cried out for his dad in his distress.

Four tall men, each around six feet, blocked Nan Zhi's line of sight.