Chapter 92: Sleep early tonight; don't wait for me

Chapter 92: Sleep early tonight; don't wait for me

On the first day of He Yu Shen's business trip, with Ling Ran and He Zhang entertaining Xiao Bao, time flew by.

After putting He Si Yi to bed in the evening, Nan Yi walked out to the balcony and dialed Nan Zhi's number again.

The phone rang, indicating that Nan Zhi had unblocked her number.

The call rang for a long while but went unanswered until it automatically disconnected.

Not one to give up easily, Nan Yi dialed again, but still no answer.

Suspecting that Nan Zhi was deliberately ignoring her, Nan Yi refrained from calling a third time. The balcony was chilly, but returning inside brought the welcoming embrace of warmth.

First, she went to He Si Yi's side, gently kissed the little omega's forehead, and then climbed into bed.

The next day, Nan Yi spent the entire time cuddling the little omega at home. Whenever He Si Yi napped, she caught up on her long-neglected manuscript.

On the third day, from early morning, Nan Yi waited in the living room with the little omega for He Yu Shen, who promised to return home in three days.

Her gaze remained fixed on the garden path. From morning to afternoon, even during meals, she frequently glanced outside.

As dusk approached and the well-fed Xiao Bao became energetic, he wriggled happily in her arms. Drawing her face closer to him, Xiao Bao's little feet kicked in glee.

"Xiao Bao, your daddy will be home soon. Are you excited?"

In response, Xiao Bao's cherubic face beamed with a smile and his feet continued their lively dance.

When her phone rang while she was cuddling Xiao Bao on the sofa, she struggled to retrieve it from her pocket. Expecting a call from Yin Feng, her excitement surged upon seeing the caller ID.

"He Yu Shen, are you almost home?"

Her eager tone shifted to a playful whine. Only three days apart, two nights without the alpha's embrace, she missed him dearly.

"There's a torrential downpour here; flights have been canceled. I might not make it tonight," came the deep voice amid the background noise.

Her enthusiasm waned to disappointment. "How did it suddenly start pouring so heavily?"

There was noise on the other end, but the sound of the intense rain was clear.

"Put our little Xiao Bao to bed early, alright? I'll be back first thing in the morning."

While Nan Yi understood He Yu Shen's predicament, she still felt upset.

She deeply missed her alpha. She yearned to be nestled in his warm embrace, wishing for moments where they could just be, with him holding both her and Xiao Bao.

Nan Yi didn't respond to He Yu Shen's words but checked the weather forecast for his location. A week-long torrential rain was predicted.

"He Yu Shen, the forecast says it's going to rain heavily for the next week." Nan Yi isn't pleased, but there's nothing he can do about the weather.

"You never know, the weather report changes every day. It might stop raining tomorrow."

He Yu Shen tried to comfort Nan Yi. The sound of the rain was so loud over the phone. If he had been indoors, the rain wouldn't have sounded so intense.