Chapter 113: I Accept My Fate

Nan Zhi wondered why Lin Qiuwu wanted to speak with him alone. From the moment the alpha appeared, Nan Zhi hadn't taken a seat, anxiety evident in his posture.

He stood off to the side like a student punished for some wrongdoing.

"What does the young master prefer to eat? Does he eat fish or meat?"

"Hmm."

Across from the shelf filled with porcelain figurines was the dining table.

Nan Zhi remembered that Lin Qiuwu's favorite dish was fish. Except for breakfast, there was almost always fish in his meals – of course, always deboned.

So, Nan Zhi wasn't worried about Lin Yunjian choking on a fishbone.

Lin Qiuwu, with a slight frown, shot an icy glance at the silent man beside him and said irritably, "Using Yunjian to approach me, what's your game? I've told you, I don't need someone as insincere as you in my life."

Lin Qiuwu's words not only interrupted Nan Zhi's wandering thoughts but also felt like a tiny needle piercing his already fractured heart.

He slowly raised his head, looking towards Lin Qiuwu, who was seated with relaxed legs on the sofa.

"I didn't..."

"Hmm, have you been pretending for so long that you've forgotten you're playing a role?"

The alpha's words always cut deeply without any reservation.

Nan Zhi's gaze fell despondently to his own feet, lost in thought.

Every time he faced Lin Qiuwu's disdain, he felt the urge to abandon everything he'd held onto.

"Will your opinion of me never change, no matter what I do...?"

For the first time, he voiced the feelings he harbored deep within, right in front of the alpha.

Perhaps it wasn't truly the first time. He recalled in a past life, from a nightmarish memory, having asked countless times only to be met with even greater revulsion.

"I'll never be fond of you. Someone like you isn't worthy."

"Yes, you'll never care for me..." How much longer would he deceive himself

Lin Qiuwu, hearing his mumbled words, furrowed his brows even more.

"Lin Qiuwu, if only..." If only I had never met you.

I'd be happy. I'd have a harmonious relationship with Nan Yi, free from envy, without bullying him. Perhaps I would have found an alpha who would unwaveringly choose me, or maybe even a content and pure-hearted omega.

Thinking of Nan Yi, Nan Zhi wondered if he'd have been just as happy had he never met Lin Qiuwu.

He would have protected his younger brother, just like in his past life.

"Next month, I'll send Lin Yunjian back to the Lin family. It's time he acclimated."

Although Lin Qiuwu was somewhat indifferent to Lin Yunjian because of Nan Zhi, the young one was still his little alpha.

After falling for Yun Luo, he hadn't given much thought to having a little alpha or omega.

Lin Yunjian was unexpected, but upon reflection, having a young alpha wasn't such a bad thing.

As the sole heir to the Lin family in the future, Lin Yunjian couldn't be led astray by an omega like Nan Zhi.

"What! That's unacceptable!"