Chapter 101: He Yu Shen Fakes Illness

The weather had been hot lately. The omega at home had lost some of his appetite. Before heading to Nan Yi's mother's house, He Yu Shen took the omega to a well-reviewed restaurant, specifically ordering appetizing dishes.

After their meal, they returned to He Yu Shen's former home.

They had arrived half an hour early, and from a distance, they saw Nan Zhi waiting alone at the entrance.

Despite finding shade on this stifling day, sweat still formed on his forehead.

"Why are you here so early?"

Nan Yi alighted from the car before He Yu Shen could even open it for him.

"I had nothing else to do, so I came early."

Since the incident at the hospital, Nan Zhi's attitude toward Nan Yi had completely changed, even if he still spoke in a calm tone.

He Yu Shen cast a cold glance at Nan Zhi, standing under the shade of the trees. His gaze then shifted to Nan Yi, murmuring, "Let's go in. I've called some people over. They'll discard anything we don't want."

Nan Yi turned back to see four or five betas dressed in black suits alighting from the car. No wonder that vehicle had been tailing them.

After such a long time away, returning to this place still brought back memories of those days for Nan Yi.

The once reclusive and self-deprecating version of himself was now a thing of the past.

The Nan Zhai Min family hadn't left many belongings, but Nan Yi instructed the betas to dispose of everything, save for the furniture.

This included his few old possessions; they weren't worth reminiscing over anyway.

Nan Yi had assumed Nan Zhi had returned for something, but once inside, he seemed to vanish.

Nan Yi didn't seek him out. He bore no grudge against Nan Zhi, but he recognized their childhood bond couldn't be revived.

"Madam, should we discard this?"

"Dispose of it."

Nan Yi sat in the living room, not even glancing at the item in the beta's hand.

Nothing in this villa was worth keeping.

He Yu Shen had also disappeared. Wasn't he just taking a brief bathroom break? How had he vanished so suddenly?

Confident that the alpha hadn't left the villa, Nan Yi didn't sit for long before rising again.

Meanwhile, unbeknownst to Nan Yi, Nan Zhi stood by the fishpond in the villa's backyard.

He Yu Shen approached Nan Zhi, who had been standing quietly beside the pond for some time, and stopped at a neither close nor distant spot.

In an even, detached tone, he remarked, "You took advantage of his kindness to gain his forgiveness. What's your game now?"

The previously dazed man snapped back to reality. His fingers twitched at the realization of what He Yu Shen had said. Forgiveness? Was someone like him even worthy of it?

He didn't deserve forgiveness.

"I have no ulterior motive."

Piercing, frosty eyes surveyed the frail figure before them as He Yu Shen gauged the veracity of Nan Zhi's statement.

With slight disdain, he said, "It's better if you appear less frequently before him. Considering the constant insults you've thrown at him, you should stay away."