Chapter 8: Apology

Chapter 8: Apology

Watching the caring silhouette of the alpha, Nan Yi turned on his heel towards the study.

The door to He Yu Shen's study was ajar, but no one was inside.

His expression tensed for a moment before he hurriedly descended the stairs.

The butler had just escorted Nan Zhai Min back and looked up as he heard footsteps on the staircase.

"Mr. Nan," he greeted politely.

The anxious-faced man swiftly brushed past him.

The butler, puzzled, followed at a distance.

The omega, covered in alpha pheromones and wearing slippers, dashed towards the villa's main door. As dusk settled, the headlights of a distant car were already on.

The figure ahead stumbled momentarily, nearly falling. One of his slippers came off, but he didn't seem to care, not even bothering to pick it up, as he continued running towards the gate.

The butler picked up the fallen white bunny slipper, frowning slightly.

It felt soft to touch, clearly not something from the villa.

Outside the main gate, Nan Yi stood, transfixed, staring at the distant tail lights that disappeared around a bend.

It wasn't until the butler approached that he called out to him.

Butler: "Mr. Nan, please put on your slippers."

Nan Yi shifted slightly, bending down to slip into the soft slippers he had bought for a good price earlier today.

After placing down the shoes, the butler stood up and looked towards the corner, "If you miss your father too much, Mr. Nan, you can go see him."

Nan Yi's gaze darkened.

Having said that, the butler pulled out his phone, displaying the memo page, and handed it to Nan Yi.

He stared at the offered phone, motionless for a moment. Just when the butler thought he had nothing to say and was about to retract his hand,

Omega reached out, gently accepting the phone and began to type, his head bowed.

The butler patiently waited beside him.

[Has he asked about me?]

Omega's cool gaze held a trace of anticipation. Butler, now referred to as Guan Jing, seemed somewhat uneasy.

[I understand. Thank you for picking up my shoes and the phone.]

From the look on the butler's face, Nan Yi got the answer he was seeking. He didn't linger any longer, but typed another message and handed the phone back to the man in front of him.

The butler hesitated for a moment before taking it, "It's what I should do, no need for thanks."

As he spoke, the Omega wearing little bunny slippers had already walked past him into the house. His slender silhouette, even the coat fluttering in the evening breeze, seemed a tad too oversized.

Perhaps in the darkness of the night, such a fragile figure seemed somewhat melancholic. The butler felt an inexplicable sympathy for Omega.

Nan Yi walked through the living room and slowly ascended the stairs. The atmosphere in the bedroom was tense, with Alpha sitting on the bed emitting a palpable aura.

Hesitating for a moment, he tentatively stepped in.

"Go apologize to Xiao Jing," He Yu Shen said with a furrowed brow, looking at the indifferent-faced Omega and feeling a bit irritable, his body slightly overheating.