Chapter 115: I'll Drop You Off Since It's On My Way.

Chapter 115: I'll Drop You Off Since It's On My Way.

"Hmm... alright."

As Hu Wen responded slowly and turned around, all he saw was the firmly shut door.

Omega, with a sickly pale complexion, looked like a broken porcelain doll when he smiled. Hu Wen felt something stir within him, as if it wanted to break free.

Nan Yi has the same face as Nan Zhi, so why doesn't Hu Wen feel the same way when he looks at Nan Yi?

Could it be the saying, "Thou shalt not covet a friend's spouse"?

No! Why would I even think in such terms?

The turmoil in Hu Wen's heart didn't last long. After all, he's a doctor with many patients to attend to.

When engrossed in work, all personal matters are set aside.

At 12:20 AM, Hu Wen removed his white coat, ready to end his shift.

Just as he was about to step out of the hospital's main entrance, he paused, recalling the feeble-looking Omega he encountered in the corridor.

If he's running a fever, he probably needs an IV drip. I wonder if he's feeling better now.

Hu Wen stood still for a few seconds before decisively turning around and heading back. He felt it was only right to check on his friend's wife's younger brother.

The driver, who had already seen him approach the main entrance and was preparing to start the car, looked puzzled as Hu Wen suddenly turned back.

In the patient's room, Nan Zhi was sitting by his bed, receiving the last bottle of his IV medication.

"Daddy..."

"If Jian Jian is sleepy, go to sleep first. Daddy will be right back to hold you, okay?"

"No... I'll wait for Daddy..."

On Nan Zhi's screen was Lin Yun Jian's little face, filling the entire screen. Even though Lin Yun Jian was struggling to keep his eyelids open, he was determined to wait for him.

Nan Zhi felt a warmth in his heart, believing that Lin Yun Jian must be his little angel sent to save him.

"Look, Auntie is staying up late with you. She has to wake up early to make you a delicious breakfast. How can you let her stay up with you?"

"Uhm..."

The young alpha's chubby face displayed an expression of dilemma.

"Then be good and lie down on the bed with Auntie. I'll be back in half an hour to hold you, okay?" Nan Zhi, knowing the young one's tender heart, continued to coax.

"Alright..."

The little alpha pouted, seemingly unsatisfied.

"Jian Jian is such a good boy. Daddy will be back very soon. Kisses for my baby, mua."

As Hu Wen approached the door, he heard the sweet and playful "mua" sound tinged with laughter.

Nan Zhi wasn't the only one in the room, but nobody else seemed bothered by his phone call, all engrossed with their mobile phones.

The door to the room was ajar. After hesitating for a split second, Hu Wen entered, just in time to see Omega turn off his phone and tuck it into his pocket.

"It's all done."

Without reason, Hu Wen's remark made everyone look up to check the status of their IV bottles.