Chapter 27: Song Jing's Birthday Banquet

After his shower, He Yu Shen remembered he had asked the maid to wash all his sleepwear that morning when he found none at hand.

He glanced at the wall-mounted towel and, wrapping it around his essential parts, stepped out of the bathroom.

The omega, who was just at the desk earlier, was now lying in bed, making a slight indent due to his petite frame.

He Yu Shen initially intended to find other sleepwear, but considering the intimacy they already shared, he decided against it.

Wearing only his boxers, he climbed into bed.

The youth on the bed breathed steadily, revealing a portion of his neck. As He Yu Shen reached over the omega to pull up the blanket, the omega's slightly curled eyelashes quivered.

He Yu Shen's hand paused mid-action, his eyebrows raised slightly. He then pulled the boy into his embrace.

The soft body in his arms stiffened a bit. He Yu Shen slid his hand under the boy's clothes, tracing the flat abdomen before moving upwards.

The omega's soft form trembled slightly, and with a smile, He Yu Shen closed his eyes, holding him close beneath the garments.

After a short while, in a half-conscious state, he felt a gentle touch on his hand which softly and slowly tried to move it away.

He snuggled closer to the warmth and tightened his grip once more.

In the darkness, the flush on the omega's face remained unseen.

The embrace around him was firm. Feeling slightly helpless, Nan Yi resignedly allowed He Yu Shen to hold him close. His eyelids grew heavier, and he soon found a comfortable position and drifted into sleep.

Once his heat had passed, Nan Yi resumed his daily routine of preparing breakfast for He Yu Shen.

For four or five consecutive days, without being prompted by Nan Yi, He Yu Shen would eat the breakfast laid out on the table before heading out.

Sometimes, when He Yu Shen woke up early, he would sit on the couch, browsing his phone, waiting for Nan Yi's breakfast.

Nan Yi felt like a personal chef.

And clearly, He Yu Shen wasn't the breakfast-averse individual the butler had described.

However, today, after finishing his breakfast, He Yu Shen didn't leave the house.

Nan Yi assumed he wanted to rest for the day, but it turned out it was because of Song Jing's much-anticipated birthday.

Nan Yi only found out in the afternoon when he went downstairs to get some juice.

The living room had been transformed, adorned with ribbons and colorful balloons, and most notably, a large cake on the table.

After grabbing his juice, Nan Yi didn't head straight back to his room. Instead, he paused on the second-floor balcony, observing Yan An directing a group of busy workers below.

It was surprising that such a renowned boss was organizing a birthday banquet for the son of his butler.

Nan Yi shook his head in amusement.

It's a pity; the one Song Jing has feelings for isn't Yan An.

The balcony was chilly; even though it was a sunny day, winter was around the corner.