Chapter 112: In his eyes, am I really that unworthy?

Chapter 112: In his eyes, am I really that unworthy?

"What's the matter?"

Following the direction of the hand, Nan Zhi glanced at the Alpha's pursed lips. Were they hurt?

"Kiss.. kiss.."

Lin Yunjian's words nearly made Nan Zhi's jaw drop. How would such a young child understand this gesture?

Holding onto his hand like that, wasn't he suggesting a kiss between Lin Qiuwu and him?

"What kiss?"

The Alpha seemed puzzled. He had never cared for such a young Alpha and momentarily couldn't grasp Lin Yunjian's intent.

Having seen adults greet with a kiss on TV, Lin Yunjian grew anxious on their behalf.

Deciding to take action, he leaned his tiny mouth towards Lin Qiuwu, attempting to demonstrate the gesture to both his father and papa.

Lin Qiuwu, a tad slow on the uptake, shifted slightly to the side, resulting in the little Alpha's soft and damp lips brushing against his cheek.

Lin Qiuwu: ...........?

"Papa... kiss."

The chubby little hand pressed against Lin Qiuwu's lips again.

"Yunjian, stop it!"

Nan Zhi grew anxious, fearing that Lin Qiuwu might get angry.

He reached out to pick up the little tearful one but hesitated, not wanting to interrupt Lin Qiuwu's tender moment with Lin Yunjian.

Realizing the little Alpha's intention, Lin Qiuwu's face darkened, "Is this how you've been raising him?"

Lin Qiuwu's expression was stern, his voice steady, but a hint of coldness seeped into his gaze.

"If you can't raise him right, send him back to the Lin family!"

Tears welled up in Nan Zhi's eyes, blurring his vision.

"I can raise him well..."

"How well? By turning my innocent little Alpha into someone as scheming, vain, and calculating as you?" Lin Qiuwu interrupted impatiently.

Scheming, vain, calculating... any of the Alpha's previous lovers, regardless of who was chosen at random, had amassed more wealth from him than Nan Zhi could ever hope for.

Houses, cars, money; Nan Zhi had never asked the Alpha for any of it, and Lin Qiuwu had never cared to give.

The only card he possessed was merely for the upkeep of the little Alpha.

Nan Zhi was aware that his decision to secretly keep Lin Yunjian, hoping to gain a better status with the Alpha, had led to Lin Qiuwu's disdain for him.

But after two years, with Lin Yunjian now able to speak, the Alpha's prejudices and aversions towards him remained unchanged.

Had he not taken that decision, he knew he could have remained by the Alpha's side as a lover, perhaps even nurturing deeper affections over time.

Yet, he had no regrets.

Nan Zhi regretted not promptly calling for help when his brother fell into the water, even though he had secretly alerted the maid.

He regretted the relentless verbal attacks on Nan Yi due to jealousy, and regretted deliberately crashing into He Yushen's car to create discord, all on Lin Qiuwu's instigation.