Chapter 78: Omega's Little Gem

When He Yu Shen left, Nan Yi wondered if a week without his alpha would be unbearable.

But with Yin Feng's daily jovial presence, time surprisingly flew by, and a week had passed before he knew it.

Bai Shan Yao would spend a considerable amount of time every day keeping Yin Feng company.

Today happened to be the day He Yu Shen returned from his business trip. Instead of staying inside the ward, Nan Yi sat on a chair outside the room.

"Feng Feng!"

Bai Shan Yao's anxious voice echoed from the room, startling Nan Yi back to the present.

"Doctor! Doctor!"

Bai Shan Yao emerged briskly from the ward cradling Yin Feng. Nurses and doctors, hearing the commotion, quickly gathered around.

Bai Shan Yao didn't hand Yin Feng over to anyone but carried him directly to the door of the operating room.

Not wanting to approach hastily, Nan Yi slowly trailed behind, arriving outside the operating room just as the sign reading "In Surgery" illuminated.

Bai Shan Yao stood in the hallway, his face not showing relief but rather a look of deep unease and worry.

The "In Surgery" sign remained lit for a long time. Eventually, a sweat-soaked Yin Lu rushed into the hospital.

After nearly a year apart, seeing Nan Yi seemed to shock Yin Lu, disbelief evident in his constricted pupils.

"Nan Yi? You..."

"Who is the patient's relative?"

The doctor's question interrupted Yin Lu. Both Bai Shan Yao and Yin Lu looked anxiously at the doctor.

Yin Feng's situation inside was critical; the doctor had come out for a family member's signature.

Until He Yu Shen returned from his trip and stood beside Nan Yi, Yin Feng still hadn't emerged from the operating room.

"Yi Yi, let's get you home to rest," said He Yu Shen, having waited alongside Nan Yi for a long time.

It was now 10 p.m., well past Nan Yi's bedtime, having begun waiting in the afternoon.

"Just a bit longer."

Nan Yi leaned against He Yu Shen, greedily inhaling the faint calming pheromones emitted by the alpha.

Fortunately, not long after he spoke, the "In Surgery" sign went dark.

Everything had gone well for Yin Feng, just as he had said.

It was a little alpha.

Bai Shan Yao, wanting to enter the ward, was stopped by the doctor and ultimately could only wait outside with a dejected expression.

This was their moment of joy and relief. Knowing that Yin Feng was safe, Nan Yi felt a weight lifted off his shoulders.

Eventually, he was escorted back to his room by He Yu Shen, which was different from the one they were in earlier.

He Yu Shen arranged a new room for him.

"He Yu Shen, if anything happens to me unexpectedly..."

"Don't jinx it, you'll be fine." He Yu Shen interrupted with a worried frown.

"Then you're not allowed to work, you have to be with me every day," Nan Yi said in a playful tone.