Chapter 119: Car Accident

"Lin Qiuwu, I beg you, please don't take Jianjian away." Nan Zhi's eyes were lost and hollow as he whispered pleadingly, "Jianjian will be scared without me."

Just as Lin Qiuwu was about to assist Yun Luo out the door, he frowned in annoyance.

"Isn't he still with you? I've told you that even if I take him back to the Lin's, you can visit. Coming out dressed so thinly at night and acting like this—are you seeking punishment or do you think your life's been too easy?"

From Lin Qiuwu's words, Nan Zhi realized he wasn't aware that Lin Yun Jian had been taken.

Hope surged in him as he said, "Just now, Xu... your mother came with some people and took Jianjian away."

Lin Qiuwu grew more puzzled, "How did she know about Lin Yun Jian?"

Lin Qiuwu wasn't living with Xu Lan; Lin Yun Jian had been secretly left behind by Nan Zhi, and for these past years, Xu Lan had been unaware of Lin Yun Jian's existence.

It seemed like Alpha had a sudden realization, his gaze becoming sharp and cold as he glanced at the butler, "Did you tell her?"

Nan Zhi, surprised by this revelation, also turned to look at the usually stoic butler.

"I apologize, young master. The madam found out on her own. However... the address of Mr. Nan... it is indeed..."

"Who gave you the right to disclose my address!" Nan Zhi rudely interrupted, his fingers trembling violently.

The butler looked down with a hint of guilt, hesitantly saying, "The young master would have a better life at the Lin's..."

Nan Zhi snapped, "Did you even ask him? He's only two years old! Have you considered how scared he'd be without me?"

"Lin Qiuwu, you promised to wait until after the winter to take Jianjian." Nan Zhi's eyes, filled with tears, were fixated unblinkingly on the Alpha, who was still holding Yun Luo.

"He was terrified today. He cried out of fear."

As Lin Qiuwu met those tear-filled eyes, for the first time, he felt the omega before him was rather pitiable.

"Ugh..."

Beside him, a drunken Yun Luo retched, momentarily distracting Lin Qiuwu from the emerging sympathy he felt for Nan Zhi.

"Feeling nauseous? Do you want me to take you to the restroom?"

The living room was quiet; aside from the sound of rain outside and the rustling of leaves in the wind, all that remained was the Alpha's voice, which had softened considerably.

The last sliver of hope in Nan Zhi's heart was dashed.

The Alpha truly was heartless. Even after Nan Zhi's prolonged pleas, he seemed to be overshadowed by the presence of the person next to the Alpha.

One could argue if Lin Qiuwu was heartless or deeply affectionate.

Yun Luo mumbled in a daze, "I'm fine... Just need some sleep..."

Lin Qiuwu responded, "I'll take you home."

Despair filled Nan Zhi's eyes as he watched the intimate exchange between the two, the depth of his gaze intensifying.

His throat was parched, his breathing rapid, and the surroundings began to blur as his body trembled weakly.

It felt as if something was being ripped out from within him, causing an aching pain in his heart.