Chapter 25: Nesting with Clothes

Thanks to the inhibitor, he temporarily avoided sudden intense heat symptoms.

But an omega in heat is naturally drawn to his alpha.

Nan Yi didn't want to cling to He Yu Shen, but he couldn't help himself.

So, when He Yu Shen went to work as usual, Nan Yi would sneakily gather his alpha-scented clothes, nestling them on the bed like a rabbit does — from suits and shirts to casual wear and pajamas.

He'd arrange them in a circle based on the intensity of the scent, ensconcing himself in the middle.

Finally, clutching He Yu Shen's frequently worn black pajamas, he'd snuggle in the center of the bed, languidly lounging for hours.

His heat lasted four days, and for three of those days, unbeknownst to He Yu Shen, Nan Yi used his clothes to nest.

Nan Yi would always tidy up before He Yu Shen returned from work.

Today was no different. After He Yu Shen left, he began his usual nesting ritual.

"What... are you doing?"

Clutching the final pajama and climbing onto the bed, Nan Yi froze.

The familiar voice behind him sent a shiver down his spine.

He Yu Shen, who should have been at work, had unexpectedly returned to the villa.

Nan Yi lacked the courage to turn around.

His clothes were strewn messily on the bed, forming a circle.

He Yu Shen gazed at the stiff, slender figure at the edge of the bed.

"Turn around and look at me."

His expression was stern, his tone devoid of emotion.

With rigidity, Nan Yi faced him, still clutching the black pajama.

"Are you in heat again?"

He Yu Shen looked quizzically at his own pajama in Nan Yi's grip.

Nan Yi shook his head, tossing the pajama back onto the bed.

He Yu Shen: ..................

He Yu Shen did not ask Nan Yi anything further.

Under He Yu Shen's gaze, Nan Yi awkwardly folded the pile of clothes.

"Stop fussing with it. I'll have the maid collect it for washing in a bit."

Nan Yi's actions halted at He Yu Shen's words, a hint of embarrassment evident.

He Yu Shen probably thought he dirtied his clothes.

"I'm hungry, come and cook for me," He Yu Shen stated.

Nan Yi followed him downstairs, standing close enough to detect a minty pheromone.

It was more comforting than being wrapped in clothes.

Initially, Nan Yi thought it was merely the strong pheromone of an alpha and not intentional.

But even from the distance of the kitchen, he could smell that minty scent.

He realized that He Yu Shen was releasing soothing pheromones.

A smile crept up on Nan Yi's lips, and his usually indifferent eyes softened.

His mood was exceptionally good today.

The meal he prepared for He Yu Shen was notably lavish.