Chapter 52: If You're Not Afraid of Being Alone, Stay

No.

Nan Yi shook his head swiftly.

[I don't have any clean clothes.]

"If not tonight, we won't wash them. I'll have the maid bring you some fresh clothes tomorrow."

He Yu Shen took the phone that Nan Yi was holding and placed it on the table.

"It's late now; you should get some sleep."

But it's only nine o'clock.

Despite his complaints, Nan Yi let himself be wrapped in He Yu Shen's embrace.

Soon, the alpha he held was sound asleep, leaving Nan Yi awake, staring at the dark ceiling and counting sheep.

The next morning, as Nan Yi awoke, he saw He Yu Shen already seated at the desk, engrossed in his work.

Rubbing his eyes, he sat on the bed for several minutes, lost in thought.

He Yu Shen was in a video conference, occasionally pointing out issues.

Who has meetings this early in the morning?

Nan Yi needed to use the restroom, but He Yu Shen's camera was pointed right at the bathroom door, so he held it in.

"Let's end here for today. As for the points I raised, Xiao Li, please revise the proposal accordingly."

Finally, it's over.

The moment the camera turned off, without hesitation, Nan Yi darted into the bathroom.

The person who had just heard the commotion turned around: ...............

"What brought you here?"

Nan Yi, having just pulled up his trousers, had his hand on the door handle but paused.

Although He Yu Shen's tone was still cool, it was noticeably softer.

Could it be Song Jing again?

"I heard Nan Yi had surgery, so I came to check on him." It was Ling Ran's voice.

Nan Yi let out a sigh of relief.

"He's in the restroom; please have a seat in the meantime."

Nan Yi lowered his hand that was resting on the door handle and glanced at himself in the bathroom mirror, ensuring his hair wasn't tousled and remained neat.

Taking a deep breath, he placed his hand on the door handle again.

Besides Ling Ran, there was another person in the room.

Standing next to Ling Ran, he stood tall with a gentle smile on his face, yet with a hint of sharpness in his eyes. Dressed in a beige coat, he was a male alpha.

His soft and delicate features didn't resemble an alpha, but rather seemed more fitting for an omega.

Nan Yi's gaze faltered slightly upon landing on the alpha.

"You must be Nan Yi? Indeed, a charming omega." The man said with a smile upon seeing Nan Yi.

Nan Yi felt a bit embarrassed from the compliment.

"Had Yun Luo not mentioned it, I wouldn't have known about Mr. Nan's surgery. Yu Shen, you should have informed me; I would have accompanied Mr. Nan to the hospital."

"Yan An was with him, my friend."

"Come sit." He Yu Shen cast a glance in the direction of Nan Yi, who still stood rather dazed.