Chapter 89: Nan Zhi's affection is for Lin Qiuwu!

Nan Yi hadn't been able to contact Nan Zhi and hadn't spotted him in the garden lately. He assumed Nan Zhi probably didn't reside in this community.

Interestingly, Yun Luo's childhood friend, Lin Qiuwu, seemed to live here. Nan Yi had seen him several times, often visiting Yun Luo.

During the New Year, Yun Luo only stayed briefly, leaving a red envelope for the little one before discreetly departing.

But Nan Yi did spot Lin Qiuwu entering his own home.

Nan Yi never discussed these observations with He Yushen, believing Yun Luo to be trustworthy.

However, he admitted to himself that he was fiercely jealous and didn't want to mention Yun Luo to He Yushen more than necessary.

"Your mother's house hasn't been sold; Nan Zhi is the registered owner," He Yushen whispered, planting a comforting kiss on Nan Yi's neck.

"How did you know?"

Nan Yi had suspected this. Even though Nan Zhi had changed over the years, Nan Yi believed he wouldn't sell their mother's house. It turned out he was right.

"I had someone look into it before. I didn't tell you since we couldn't contact Nan Zhi. Don't worry, the house will return to you eventually."

"As for the wrongs you've faced, I'll set them right." He Yushen kept this last part to himself.

"Once you locate him, inform me. I'd like to speak with him." Nan Yi turned his gaze to meet the alpha's.

"Of course, I'll let you know immediately."

After dinner, the butler had almost finished packing the little one's essentials, filling two large suitcases.

After lulling He Siyi to sleep and nestling into He Yushen's embrace, Nan Yi suddenly remembered he hadn't asked how long the business trip would last.

But the question died on his lips. Since he was going along, it didn't really matter.

That's what Nan Yi thought. However, life has a funny way of catching you off-guard when you least expect hiccups.

The next day, he realized the little one, He Siyi, had developed a fever.

The butler had just left for the villa outside the city, and He Yushen had already gone to work.

Frantic and overwhelmed, Nan Yi completely forgot to call He Yushen.

First, he dialed Xiao Wang, rushing out the door while still on the phone, clutching the child.

"To the hospital, right?"

"How long? Five minutes? Alright, I'll wait for you at the main gate."

The early spring garden was showing fresh hints of green. With the recent fog and drizzle, the thick house clothes Nan Yi wore provided little warmth against the outdoor chill.

His full attention was on He Siyi; he didn't even notice the cold or that he was still wearing slippers.

"Lin Qiuwu... you like him this much?... The baby's feverish..."

Snippets of a conversation reached his ears.

Unexpectedly, Nan Zhi, whom he had asked He Yushen to find just the night before, was once again in the compound.

Behind a cluster of unbloomed flowers stood a figure Nan Yi would recognize from just the silhouette. And he had heard that voice.

Nearly at the main gate, Nan Yi halted and called out without hesitation, "Nan Zhi?"