Chapter 10: A Walk

Chapter 10: A Walk

He Yu Shen's sensitivity phase lasted two to three days. While he didn't constantly need Nan's pheromones, the ordeal left Nan almost bedridden.

On several occasions, meals were even delivered to his room by the butler.

He Yu Shen, choosing to work from home, refrained from going to the office until the sensitivity phase was entirely over. Only then did he return to his corporate routine.

The day the sensitivity phase concluded, as usual, He Yu Shen rose early, preparing for work. Before leaving, he glanced at the person still deep in sleep on the bed.

The peacefully slumbering figure, traces of dried tears on his face, nestled cozily under the soft blankets, only his head peeking out.

He looked like a delicate, drowsy little bunny.

Nan awoke at noon, his eyes puffy. He stared vacantly at the lush greenery outside the window.

After half an hour of gazing, he slowly got up. The skin peeking out from the oversized shirt was a shocking sight, revealing the intensity of the night before.

His legs almost gave way, threatening to send him tumbling. Stabilizing himself, he noticed the shirt he wore wasn't his own.

Frowning, he turned to the bottom drawer of the wardrobe, from where he chose a loose-fitting casual outfit from among several neatly folded clothes.

The shirt he removed was carefully folded and placed on the bed, awaiting collection by the butler for laundry.

Butler: "Mr. Nan, you're awake."

The dining room looked much the same as it did the morning Nan first arrived at the villa, with the butler standing to one side and Song Jing seated at the dining table.

Nan nodded in acknowledgment to the kindly butler before taking a seat.

To Nan's surprise, throughout the meal, Song Jing refrained from uttering any sarcastic remarks despite looking more displeased than ever.

[I'd like to go out for a while]

On this Friday, after having his meal and Song Jing's departure, Nan approached the butler, showing him the typed message on his phone.

"Today? Perhaps another day would be better, Mr. Nan."

The butler appeared hesitant.

Nan, looking puzzled, furrowed his brows.

[Is it inconvenient?]

Butler: "Today is Mr. Yan's birthday banquet. Given your relationship with Mr. He, you should both attend this evening."

Nan paused, taken aback.

[Are you sure I should attend?]

He found it hard to believe that He Yu Shen would bring him to such an event.

Wasn't He Yu Shen concerned about him causing embarrassment?

The butler nodded with a gentle smile, "Yes, Mr. Nan, you should attend."

"After all, Mr. He's wedding was public knowledge. Everyone is aware he has an omega. It would be impolite not to bring you along."

Nan nodded in a daze.

So, it wasn't that He Yu Shen wasn't embarrassed by him, but rather, given the public nature of their union, he had little choice but to bring him along.