Chapter 76: Sleeping a Bit Late Tonight

Chapter 76: Sleeping a Bit Late Tonight

Perhaps it was just his imagination, but Nan Yi felt that Lin Qiuyu across from him harbored significant hostility towards him and He Yushen.

Especially when Yun Luo and He Yushen spoke, there was a hint of malice in the man's eyes.

Nan Yi sipped his juice, silently observing the emotional shifts of the man across.

The man, wearing frameless glasses, possessed a handsome face with an indescribable sharpness. Beside him, the gentle-looking Yun Luo seemed less like an alpha, devoid of any aggression.

"Little Yun Luo, I'm hungry."

The man, who had been silent all along, suddenly spoke.

Yun Luo cast a disgruntled yet resigned glance at Lin Qiuyu next to him, truly not in the mood to deal with him.

"Didn't you eat lunch?" Yun Luo retorted, slightly irritated.

Nan Yi set down his juice and reached out, gently tugging the nearby alpha.

"What is it?" He Yushen asked, grasping his hand.

"Perhaps we should head home," whispered Nan Yi.

Hearing that the young one wanted to return home, He Yushen stood up without hesitation or asking for a reason.

"Yushen?"

Yun Luo, who hadn't heard Nan Yi's remark, looked on, puzzled, as He Yushen stood.

"We'll be leaving now."

Nan Yi rose alongside He Yushen, standing quietly by his side.

Yun Luo did not hold them back.

With Lin Qiuyu present... it wasn't ideal to keep them.

Moreover, moving out was his way of avoiding seeing their affectionate displays, forcing himself to smile and wish them well.

He moved to escape.

"Do you really like that He Yushen so much?"

The remark from the alpha beside him interrupted Yun Luo's thoughts.

Yun Luo withdrew his gaze, not responding to Lin Qiuyu's question, and silently entered the kitchen.

..................

Dusk was nearing.

Nan Yi was carefully led by He Yushen.

The evening glow bathed everything in a warm orange hue, making the alpha beside him seem bathed in a tender light.

Later that night, before bed, He Yushen spent quite a while on the phone with Ling Ran on the balcony.

As autumn approached, the nights began to carry a chill.

Nan Yi was tucked into the covers, forbidden to get out of bed or leave the room.

Left with no choice, Nan Yi obediently lay under the blankets, sneaking peeks at his phone.

When he heard the door's movement while under the covers, he poked his head out.

Nan Yi called out, "He Yushen."

The omega's speech was somewhat slower than most, a languid tone combined with his slow articulation, making even a mere name call sound like a sweet coo.

"Why the fondness for acting so affectionate today?"

Nan Yi looked baffled, "When did I act affectionate?"