Chapter 34: The Ruined Breakfast

Liu Yue, with her measuring tape in hand, approached the impassive He Yu.

"Raise your arm, sir."

The alpha complied without a change in expression, his cool gaze settling on Nan Yi.

Meeting the alpha's eyes, Nan Yi appeared somewhat flustered.

Was he still holding a grudge over last night's incident?

Nan Yi could only hope that He Yu wouldn't utter any humiliating remarks in front of others.

Liu Yue finished quickly. Though she had initially planned on joining them for a meal, He Yu's sour expression, as if someone owed him money, deterred her.

She hurriedly completed her task and swiftly exited the villa.

After the butler escorted her out of the house, he didn't return to the living room.

Only Nan Yi was left with another man who looked displeased, making the atmosphere increasingly tense. Nan Yi became more nervous.

He Yu Shen was feeling quite agitated, and the omega sitting next to him kept his head down, resembling a guilt-ridden ostrich.

Indeed, he had done something wrong, and feeling guilty was only natural.

"Prepare to accompany me to the ancestral house tomorrow," said He Yu Shen.

Nan Yi paused for a moment before nodding.

He was unsure why He Yu Shen would take him to the ancestral house, especially considering the evident strained relationship between He Yu Shen and He Zhang. Why would he suddenly want to visit?

Was it because of his omega father?

Yet, it seemed odd to bring him along.

The man next to him had a stern face, resembling an angered wolf.

Nan Yi recalled how, a month earlier, Ling Ran was forcibly taken away by He Zhang.

The genes of the He family were indeed strong. Despite having such a gentle omega father, He Yu Shen was far from gentle.

"Regarding yesterday's incident, I don't wish to see a repeat. If it happens again, you know the consequences."

Nan Yi had assumed He Yu Shen had forgotten about yesterday.

"In the future, let Xiao Wang drive you wherever you need to go." Noticing the pale look on the omega's face, He Yu Shen softened his tone.

But after a pause, he added, "Avoid going out unless absolutely necessary."

Nan Yi just kept nodding.

After warning Nan Yi, He Yu Shen left the living room and exited the house again.

Nan Yi, now used to such occurrences, went straight upstairs.

In his bedroom, Nan Yi would immerse himself in updating his comics.

However, packing up his tools always proved troublesome.

Yet, if he didn't, he feared He Yu Shen might find it unsightly in the evening.

That night, he pondered for a long time, deciding to muster the courage to ask He Yu Shen for a spare room to temporarily use as his workspace.

Unfortunately, he fell asleep from exhaustion without seeing him.