Chapter 39: Employed

In the morning, Nan Yi dutifully prepared breakfast for He Yushen as usual.

As He Yushen stepped out, Nan Yi followed behind, wrapped in a long black down jacket, resembling a little penguin.

He Yushen, slightly puzzled, slowed his pace.

What has gotten into the omega today? Being so obedient and seeing him to the door, the gesture was conspicuously ingratiating.

"Why so well-behaved today?"

Before getting into his car, He Yushen turned to the figure still trailing behind, his face wearing a playful grin.

Nan Yi paused in surprise.

"Head back, it's cold," said the alpha, removing the black scarf from around his neck and draping it over the exposed, fair skin of Nan Yi's neck.

What had been a slightly chilly neckline suddenly warmed up, carrying a faint hint of mint.

Nan Yi was in a daze throughout, only snapping out of it after the car had departed.

The black scarf provided considerable warmth. Nan Yi adjusted it to cover his rosy lips.

The morning air was misty, accompanied by a light drizzle. Even after He Yushen's car had been gone for some time, someone still lingered outside without entering.

Only when another vehicle approached did he get in.

The passenger, his hair dewy from the mist, made the driver, Xiao Wang, feel slightly guilty.

"My apologies, Madam, for being late," Xiao Wang said.

Nan Yi just shook his head.

The car's heater kept the chill at bay. Yet Nan Yi didn't remove the scarf from his neck; instead, he slightly unzipped his jacket.

After two or three hours, a faint layer of sweat had formed on his forehead.

The car pulled up in front of a coffee shop. After straightening his clothes, Nan Yi prepared to get out.

"Madam, I'll find a parking spot. Message me when you're ready to leave," said Xiao Wang.

Nan Yi nodded in acknowledgment.

After staying in the heated car for a couple of hours, the outside air felt refreshingly crisp. The brisk breeze even had a sobering effect.

Nan Yi checked the address given by Editor #09 several times. Confident it was correct, he made his way inside.

He chose a seat by the window and casually ordered a cappuccino.

He was ten minutes early for the scheduled meeting. As Nan Yi took out his phone, he looked up to find himself locking eyes with a sweet-looking omega male, sporting curly hair.

Their eyes met, creating a slightly awkward tension between them.

As Nan Yi lowered his gaze to find Editor #09's chat, a message from the editor beat him to it.

[09: Have you arrived?]

[I'm here.]

[09: Are you the omega in the black down jacket and black scarf?]

A jolt of surprise passed through Nan Yi's eyes. Before responding, he looked up.

Their eyes met again, but this time the curly-haired omega didn't look away. Instead, he waved, holding up a phone with a pink case.